3548 configure range of ports how ?

Hi,

There is not interface range x/x - x command on the IOS version I have on these

3548's.

How do I configure a range of ports ?

I want to do

int range fa0/1 - 48 switchport host spanning-tree bdufilter

I am running c3500xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC11.bin. Does it support SSH, rather than having everyone telnet ?

Thanks

G
Reply to
genki
Loading thread data ...

I have a 3500xl running 12.0(5)WC9. It does not support SSH and there is not `interface range` command. We are paying the price for buying cheaper!

Reply to
karateD

Script it on your workstation. Ie. its easy in unix shells. Or perl, or even vbscript if you are a windows user. I did that all the time before they introduced the 'interface range' command. Iterate over 1 to 48, print out the config lines you need, cut and paste in.

Nope, too old of gear. You generally only got ssh on the next generation, and only on the enhanced image ones for those.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Okay thanks for the advice guys. These 3540 boxes do suck man. I wanted to go SSH across the board but I guess that's out the window now.

I just couldn't find this info on the Cisco site at all, that's why I resorted to asking here. Seems like a simple question but I couldn't find info for IOS image I run.

Thanks again

Genki

Reply to
genki

Its just old gear. They work fine, but won't have all the bells and whistles that the newer gear does. Anything rotated off the list of hardware page probably will have some features missing.

You need to have a CCO account. I don't believe you need to have contract access to access

formatting link
which will tell you all sorts of things about what version of IOS and hardware supports what feature.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.