Fire Alarm causes Fire

Had one of my customers buy a building other day and it has a old firelite sensican panel in it which i was getting ready to take out becuse the board had completely burned up. Started taking the system apart starting with 120 vac and when i started tracing the 120 wires found 2 ft of flex and then just open single conductor wires tied to cieling support for about 2 feet then tied to a piece of romex which was plugged into an outlet in the buildings garage. the ground instead of being run with electrical ground was run to a local water pipoe and this created a diverted ground path and showed why the panel burned up and part of the wall was scorcehed and breaker took so long to trip. Absolutley unbieliable some f--g moron installer/owner to f---g cheap to run down 2 blocks to hardware store for the correct wire. Thank god this idiot is no longer installing alarms. I let company who bought his accounts know what i found so they can check his other work if the feel so initaited to do so but they have just as bed a reputaion with there work.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.