Edwards Fire Alarm

Hey you guys!!!

I have a customer that just removed an old Edwards Fire Panel. Well not sure it should be called a "Panel" but it is a Edwards.

Never saw one like this before. May have been installed in the 50's.

Funny part is the main unit was mounted on the 2nd floor at the stairs and has a buzzer inside. If a heat detector was tripped at maybe 135 degrees in a bedroom it would not wake you up if you were that bedroom since you would already be dead.

Anyhow maybe there is an interest in the antique value of this unit for a museum piece, as it were.

There is no model number on the unit. It does have a "Test Button" and the title of "Home Fire Alarm" and the Edwards name both stamped and in print with instructions for use. The box (panel) is about 5" x 7" in size and has a transformer with I believe is 120 primary to some lower voltage. There is a small terminal board that the Heat Detectors were connected to in series. I was told by the customer there were Heat Detectors at various locations around the house. From his description they were the white ceramic with a heat button in the center. Non of those are anywhere to be found.

Anybody in here know of anyone that may want this unit for a shelf somewhere??

At least before it ends up in a landfill somewhere.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1
Loading thread data ...

There is an alarm museum. I forgot where it is, someone will have the link.

Reply to
G. Morgan

formatting link

(sent by email too)

Reply to
G. Morgan

That would be the one.

Thanks!!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.