New Age Fire Alarm Panel

Just thought I would document my observation of yesterday and here is a good a place as any other.

Received a call from a guy by the name of Sam. Said that he hoped I could help him since I was now the fifth person he was told to call. He started by calling System Sensor that finally referred him to Alarmax who referred him to me.

He said that he was having a problem with a System Sensor 2WB that was always going into alarm. He said he swapped it with another but then when he installed it at another location it would shortly go into alarm.

He said that the location was in the sanding room. I said, a smoke detector in a sanding room is not recommended.

So I set an appointment to go and clean detectors. So I get to the address and it is a Amish cabinet shop at his home. Come to find out that there are a total of four 2 wire smokes in the shop. ALL WERE VERY DIRTY, amazingly full of saw dust............

Trained Sam and his sons how to open up and clean the detectors. Then I looked at the panel. All smokes were wired back to a Altronix 6062 timer. Oh and no EOLR needed. I kid you not.

Now all you guys can speculate all you want, but the dang thing really did work. When a smoke goes into alarm it kicks off a loud air horn.

Sam said that the guy that installed it 7 years ago was no longer in business so he had to get this fixed because it was waking him up at 3:30am.

There are days that I am glad I really answered the phone.

Hope you enjoyed the story.

Have a good weekend.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1
Loading thread data ...

Just thought I would document my observation of yesterday and here is a good a place as any other.

Received a call from a guy by the name of Sam. Said that he hoped I could help him since I was now the fifth person he was told to call. He started by calling System Sensor that finally referred him to Alarmax who referred him to me.

He said that he was having a problem with a System Sensor 2WB that was always going into alarm. He said he swapped it with another but then when he installed it at another location it would shortly go into alarm.

He said that the location was in the sanding room. I said, a smoke detector in a sanding room is not recommended.

So I set an appointment to go and clean detectors. So I get to the address and it is a Amish cabinet shop at his home. Come to find out that there are a total of four 2 wire smokes in the shop. ALL WERE VERY DIRTY, amazingly full of saw dust............

Trained Sam and his sons how to open up and clean the detectors. Then I looked at the panel. All smokes were wired back to a Altronix 6062 timer. Oh and no EOLR needed. I kid you not.

Now all you guys can speculate all you want, but the dang thing really did work. When a smoke goes into alarm it kicks off a loud air horn.

Sam said that the guy that installed it 7 years ago was no longer in business so he had to get this fixed because it was waking him up at 3:30am.

There are days that I am glad I really answered the phone.

Hope you enjoyed the story.

Have a good weekend.

Les

Les, you know you live and work in the RURAL part of America when the Burglar alarm your called to fix consists of a battery, bell, laundry line clip, 2 tacks, small piece of cardboard and 60 feet of string.. After I stopped ROFL, I tied the string back together where it had broken and declared the alarm fixed...

(((true story)))

RTS

Reply to
RTS

Yupper doozie!!!

Reply to
ABLE1

I wouldn't have touched that! The implications for litigation are too high, and insurance would not have my back.

Reply to
G. Morgan

When people ask me how long I've been installing alarms systems I'll someti mes tell them "Well ..... let me see, I think the first alarm I ever instal led consisted of a vine tied to a rock placed over a cave opening." Or "We used to get paid with a chicken or a few dozen eggs."

As a matter of fact, I still have a customer who raises chickens that gives me a dozen eggs (along with a check, nowdays)

Reply to
Jim

"Well ..... let me see, I think the first alarm I ever installed consisted of a vine tied to a rock placed over a cave opening.

I can only imagine that would have been the start of a "wise ass" attorney looking to sue for damages against the "rock on a vine" statute. The AHJ would certainly be looking the other way, I am sure.

Reply to
ABLE1

Wow! You're Right. Back then there wasn't much of what you would call a language. The chief of the tribe was called Ahj The attorney's name was Prck

Reply to
Jim

Too too funny!!!

Reply to
ABLE1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.