FBI XL-1

I need a little help interpreting a programming question & CS error code. What type of trouble would send a CODE F to the monitoring station? I looked at program question 16/L3 and that has F as the default. The question says "This code will be reported on the DAY TROUBLE and any FIRE TROUBLE". is it a dirty smoke detector, also what's a DAY Trouble? as always any assistance would be greatly appreciated ...

Reply to
Another Joe
Loading thread data ...

Thats a really really really really old panel - it doesn't know anything about dirty smoke detectors because when it was designed they didn't have any 'dirty' smoke detector technology.

It willl report a trouble signal for day trouble however most peeps in business now have now idea what a day circuit is.

It will also report a trouble signal if the fire circuit went open.

Usually it reports a trouble signal when the customer tries to enter his code way too many time cause they don't know what it is. Thats the cause of most trouble signals - it also reports trouble for ac off and low battery.

Reply to
thesatguy

day trouble was for foil zones...you can still use it for stuff. I use it once in a while but not for foil.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

This is for a relative's system that was in the house when they moved in and it's not close enough for me to have a look. I'm only a DIY guy but I do have *some* experience with these panels however I'm struggling trying to figure out what it is and how often it's sent? I asked them to call the CS and provide more details, it may have been a one shot deal with the CS?

I was thinking a low battery too however that's two locations on question

14 (L3 -L4) and the AC loss is question 13 (L3-L4) and the default(s) are AA likely to be changed to digits I would think? I belive the AA is null so would it still send an F if it can't send two digits? I know they do have some power outages and the battery is(was) three years old so I did suggest they changed the battery, that was done today.
Reply to
Another Joe

So would that me mean the foil is tired? I have to see if they have any foil installed

Reply to
Another Joe

It doesn't sound like you should be screwing with it

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I haven't touched it, I just want to know what it is....

Reply to
Another Joe

Day trouble or day zone feature is a feature that monitors a zone for trouble when the system is in the disarmed mode. Usually used in commercial applications so that if there is a trouble, the store owner gets a notification, locally, through central station or both, of the trouble prior to trying to arm the system at closing time. The reason for the foil mention is that it is a common application in older commercial locations and is easily damaged, either intentionally or unintentionally. Gives the owner a chance to get it fixed prior to closing.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

If low battery and ac failure both have AA in them they will not report trouble. Chances are there are no day zones either so unless theres some heat detectors on one zone probably no fire trouble to report either..

Reply to
thesatguy

Thanks for the reply back...it is a residence and the only thing I know for sure is there are frequent power outages, it area.. I understand the foil suggestion but I asked and they don't have it. for now I had them replace the battery since it was tired anyway and we will see how it goes, if they continue to have problems I will go out an meter each zone.

Reply to
Another Joe

Any type of trouble, or for that matter any type of alarm could send an "F" depending on the CS format used and how the panel was programmed, the default probably has nothing to do with it, an "F" has likely been programmed into one or more reporting locations. . In the 3-1 format "F" would normally be interpreted by a Radionics and other receivers as a trouble code.

If a 3-1 format is being used it was fairly common to program an "F" for all trouble signals. Low battery and anything else the panel can report may ( or may not) have been programmed to send an "F" on trouble, does the panel send restores?, is their a trouble condition showing at the premises?.

My advice is to check the programming on the panel, something that should be done whenever an undefined signal is received, there could be other unidentified codes just waiting to be sent.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

See Doug L.'s response below. It's probably F=any trouble...like AC fail too.

| >>

| >> So would that me mean the foil is tired? I have to see if they have any | >> foil installed | >

| > Day trouble or day zone feature is a feature that monitors a zone for | > trouble when the system is in the disarmed mode. Usually used in | > commercial | > applications so that if there is a trouble, the store owner gets a | > notification, locally, through central station or both, of the trouble | > prior to trying to arm the system at closing time. The reason for the foil | > mention is that it is a common application in older commercial locations | > and | > is easily damaged, either intentionally or unintentionally. Gives the | > owner | > a chance to get it fixed prior to closing. | >>

| Thanks for the reply back...it is a residence and the only thing I know for | sure is there are frequent power outages, it area.. I understand the foil | suggestion but I asked and they don't have it. for now I had them replace | the battery since it was tired anyway and we will see how it goes, if they | continue to have problems I will go out an meter each zone. | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.