EOL's

No, but if you put a pair of glasses on me, I'd look a lot like Granny (without the bun) on steroids... ;-)

Reply to
Frank Olson
Loading thread data ...

The only "filter" Robert uses is the one on his hotel room's coffee machine and that's dispensed from conveniently located rolls in the bathroom next to the toilet. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

RB Would you like a little bit of salt with the crow you about to eat.

I just talked to Al said he is going to quote in his next article.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

What an ultra-maroon!

Reply to
Michael Baker

Don't you mean "Make my day!" hahahahahahahaha Everybody's shaking in their boots, Bob, tell us another story.

*** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
formatting link
Reply to
mikey

Yeh right, I'll be on double secret filtration

Doug L

(some parts copyright National Lampoons Animal House others copyright Oxford English Dictionary)

Reply to
Doug L

Who was wrong on this story oObert?

Battery Diode Harness StoryFrom: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Group Moderator) Newsgroups: alt.security.alarms Subject: REPOST: Battery Diode Story - GOOFY BASS WRONG AGAIN Lines: 89 NNTP-Posting-Host: ngpost-m2.news.aol.com X-Admin: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com Date: 22 May 2002 07:13:17 GMT Organization: AOL

formatting link
Message-ID:

REPOSTED FOR THOSE WHO REQUESTED IT: This is the guy ROBERT L. (Lunatic) Goofy Bass that his Clones think he is so knowledgeable about alarms.

Battery Diode Story

Bass Was Totally Wrong - This was taken right from

formatting link
Subject: Re: Connecting more batteries Newsgroups: alt.security.alarms Date: 2002-04-08 07:38:27 PST

I think you've got this one wrong, friend. Napco provided a Battery Diode > > >

when > > > > I installed their add-on power supply. In fact, it's still listed on the > > > > ADI server as a valid part, although AFAIK Napco has stopped producing them. > > > > > > > > If you make current flow in the wrong direction on a battery charging > > > > circuit you'll have a lot more than a dead battery to worry about. To test > > > > your theory take a discharged battery and connect its terminals to another, > > > > fully charged battery with the terminals reversed (so you can get current to > > > > "flow back into the dead battery"). All kidding aside, don't really try > > > > this. The results can include fire and explosion, depending on the type of > > > > battery and its condition. > > > > > > > > BTW, the charging circuits on many alarms are actually 13.8VDC -- not 12 > > > > Volts. > > > > > > > > Regards, > > > >

Robert L Bass > > > > > > > > =============================> > > > > Bass Home Electronics > > > > The Online DIY Alarm Store > > > >

formatting link
> > > 2291 Pine View Circle > > > > Sarasota, FL 34231 > > > >

Sales & Tech Support > > > > 941-925-9747 Fax > > > > snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net >

This is the CORRECT answer Again taken from

formatting link

optional PS3000 power supply, but do need to supervise for AC > > > brownout. This module connects the PS3000 jack to the AUX relay, which > > > is triggered upon brownout. > > > > > > Secondly, the Dual Battery Harness, to which I believe you were > > > referring in your post, does not have a diode in it at all, it simply > > > parallels the battery leads to allow the connection of

2 or more > > > batteries to the MA3000, or any other panel. > > > > > > I do not think UL would require a diode in the battery harness that > > > would waste a valuable 0.7 VDC in a low battery condition just to > > > protect against the installer reversing the battery leads > > > accidentally. There is already a thermal circuit breaker on the board > > > for this type of protection. > > > >

two directions, you will soon have a very dead battery. > > > > > > Best Regards, Oleg

HERE NORMAN PROVES GOOFY ASS WRONG ALSO

Nomen Nescio wrote: > > > > > > > > > > Better not use a diode to isolate the two batteries. Remember, current has > > > > > to flow both directions on a battery lead: into the battery when it's > > > > > charging, and out of the battery when it's discharging. So if you orient > > > > > the anode towards the charging terminal and the cathode towards the > > > > > battery, the battery will charge but will not be able to deliver power to > > > > > the system when the AC is off. If you orient the diode the other > > > > > direction, the battery will not charge. > > > > > > > > > > Diodes also have a 0.6 volt drop across them, so if you charge a battery > > > > > through a diode, you are not getting the full charging voltage. > > > > > > > > > > Use a fuse or circuit breaker instead, preferably the harness provided by > > > > > the panel manufacturer.

SO those who want to take Goofy Bass's advise because you think he knows every thing -THINK TWICE.

Reply to
Hugeass

Lets not forget his adventures in issuing rogue cancels

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Sounds like we need Group Moderator Mike back here. He was the one who gave Bass what he deserved. Bass new better than to screw with him especially aqfter he had Bass thrown out of a central station with just one phone call, Where ya at? Group Moiderator.

Reply to
Hugeass

The page counter on

formatting link
is at 410,007.

Reply to
Hugeass

Is that all?? Well crank the sucker up!! Make it 10,410,007. Looks a lot more impressive that way!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Now, that is funny! Who did the annimations for you? Did you do those yourself? If so, I'm very impressed.

Al

Reply to
Al Colombo

Sorta like his BBB report.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

All the "animations" are stolen. If you visit any of the "free GIF" sites, you'll notice that they all say they're not to be used for "commercial purposes". Commercial use invariably comes at a stiff premium (where you have to pay for renting the copyright). He's also using a picture of Walt Disney's "Goofy" and I know for a fact that the people at Disney would never condone such use or allow anyone the "rights" (I know because I investigated using one of the songs from "Alladin" on a client's website and was told flat out they wouldn't allow it). At one point in time Sabodish displayed a Jewish menorah alongside the Nazi flag. That wound up getting him booted by his hosting service *and* his registrar. The site (and all of his other ones) were "down" for months. Bass crowed that he was responsible for shutting it down, but I don't think he was the only one that filed complaints about it. You'll notice that he's now using an anonymous hosting provider and registering agency.

You'll also notice that anyone that's ever "disagreed" with the webmaster (or held "his bud", Mike up for ridicule) is also "featured". I'm actually flattered that I've been "singled out". It's a fairly accurate measure of how much I've managed to piss him off over the years. Since I switched to "Mozilla", I don't see the Microsoft "Help Wizard" flitting across my screen (that's probably the single most irritating thing on the site because he appears every time you return to the menu page if you're using IE). If Sabodish knew anything at all about using "cookies", he'd engage the one Robert uses to control the pop-up/pop-under advertising at bassburglaralarms.com to make sure "the Wizard" only appears once per visit.

Mike should stick to ensuring all the Usenet posts he uses on his site to document Robert's activities are in fact accurate representations of the Google searches they say they are. He frequently munges addresses and snips the sig lines of the people he doesn't like which only serves to highlight his own rather childish and egocentric behavior. The most telling page is the famous bassburglaralarms.com "error message" page which winds up pointing to his own online venture (alarmsuperstore.com). It would be fairly easy to "clear" the link to bassburglaralarms if he doesn't want to "promote search engine positioning".

FWIW, goofysplace (and it's sister site

formatting link
are amusing and also somewhat sad. It documents two individuals' rather twisted mindsets (Robert's being one of the most truly evil on Usenet).

Frank Olson

formatting link
"Splash, splash, splash, went the minnow." (Robert J. La Londe III -
formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

What is my "good buddy's" history? In Ohio, if you have a criminal record, you cannot be involved in alarm systems, sales or installation. I'm not up on the current law in Ohio, but I would think that in Florida it would be even more stringent than here. Also, how much does our "good buddy" know about computers, software programming, hacking, e-mail spoofing, etc?

You can respond in private e-mail if you wish. Please use jkg-global @ tpromo.com (no spaces please). I'll delete it from the mail server once we conclude our conversation(s). Anyone else who has informaton I might be interested in about my "good buddy" can e-mail it here as well. I like to know who my "good buddies" are.

Al

Reply to
Al Colombo

"Al Colombo" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

He is toast in Florida and he knows it. He slimmed by a home visit by the Department of Business and Professional Regulations and it wasn't for hamburgers. Maybe that is why he moved into a gated community, as if that would help him when they flash that big gold badge at the gate. It didn't go quite as well as the complaintant expected because of an interpetation issue on a technicality between two state attorneys. That interpetation has since been put to rest, but he may have been scared enough to stop what he was doing.

Oh, I am sure in time, especially with his self proclaimed growth of personel, there will be more. I don't want to bust his bubble but when he has employees, if that is even true, he will be responsible for everything they say on the telephone. If they sell on the phone, he must be licensed and the person working for him must also be certified. He used to hang is hat on the fact that the statute said "on site sales" Oopps!! Maybe he shouldn't be spending so much time in Brazil and paying a little more attention to him business. He is also required by law to have his license number on his website but he doesn't realize it. It isn't in statute but somewhere else. I am not telling him where, after all he went to law school, so he says, so he should be able to figure it out. I told him before, I wasn't doing his homework for him. You can thank me later, or not, Robert, but then I forgot, you have me filtered. I guess your not receiving this free information. Don't bump this guys, lets let him find out for himself. He has a couple people here in Florida gunning for him and they are not even in the Newsgroup and besides, the DBPR has him on their radar. When the complaintant Googled him, he found lots. There are things he has dug up that as of right know I won't repeat, simply because it is hearsay. The complainant is going much deeper than the BBB and his criminal history that has been posted here. RLB really pissed this guy off for some reason. RLB likes to blame me and Mugford for the last visit from the DBPR and that we have some sort of tie to the complainant, but he is grabbing at straws. He doesn't know squat except what he read in the complaint. Why doesn't everyone ask him to post the complaint from the DBPR for some Kicks and Giggles? He shouldn't have a problem with that since he was proud that he beat it. Wasn't there some said about battles and wars.

Is there **really** anything else you need to know about the bASSmister?

Reply to
Bob Worthy

nope, enough said I think. :-)

Al

Reply to
Al Colombo

Does the DBPR know about his other "online" security ventures?? He now has several addresses besides the one on his primary site which is no longer valid but still hasn't bothered changing (I'll bet Ms. Combs is mightely impressed getting all his snail mail):

3963 Torrey Pines Blvd, Sarasota, Florida 34238 4483 Fallcrest Circle, Sarasota, Florida 34233

He obviously has *one confirmed* employee in Michael Bass check the contact page at security*alarm*systems.us (replace the "*'s" with "dashes").

More information at the BBB site:

formatting link
As for his "ignoring you", I don't think it extends to actually "plonking" your posts. Bass' ego demands he reads everything said about him (that he's managed not to hit "reply" and continues to make reference to the things we write is a testament to his cowardice). I'm "bumping" your response for "better search engine positioning". :-)

Frank Olson

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Sorry for leaving all the above, but maybe more will be able to easily follow. I doubt the DBPR knows it at this point, but is there for the taking.

He now

Maybe someone should check into his Homestead exemption status. That is a tax break on your primary residence and you can only claim one, even if you have a home in another state. Interesting, you don't think he might try to cheat the government, do you?

Well, I hope he isn't selling over the phone. What kind of paranoia will RLB have knowing that everytime his phone rings, it just may be the original complaintant, which is still after his bASS, just waiting for RLB or an employee to sell something, one on one over the phone. It is easy for a conversation to go over the line of exempt or not exempt. He doesn't have a business license as a distributor. It might even be the DBPR doing a sting, or his local tax assessor. It is getting harder for him to hide behind web based sales without a license. hey hey hey :>)

I am sure that is on the DBPR radar

He will come back around. He just might be figuring, out of sight out of mind, if he stops posting to people in Florida. Or maybe he is trying to figure out who my boss is. I hope he doesn't, because if he gets my boss POed at me, I won't get dinner tonight.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Frank,

I assume he's reading the mail. I know he won't reply because he was shown to be wrong. I would do the same, only I would have apologized as that's my nature. My father always told me that powerful men know enough to apologize when they are wrong. My father was a powerful man who rarely used his power. My uncles, on the other hand, used their power to the extreme.

Let me put it this way, where my father was as honest as the day is long, there are others in the Colombo family who may not be.

When one of my Uncles tried to recruit me (he tried once when I was 24 [1974] and then when I was 39 [1989]), my father told me that he would kick me in the behind if I accepted and relocated to Calif. That was the first effort. My father had already passed on by 1989, the second attempt, and his message remained with me, so the answer to my Uncle was No.

I ask you, am I not my father's son? (The old man did his best to get through to me and a few things he taught me made it through the clutter of life :-).

Al

Reply to
Al Colombo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.