EOL's

Funny how you snipped the bit about your theft from the Sentrol document.

As stated previously...adequate case law exists...

Take no notice of his bluster Al...he's inflated with his own self importance...

Reply to
coord
Loading thread data ...

Once again you've outdone yourself, just when I think the entertainment value of your stupidity is about dried up, you come up with this. Thanks for the laugh. Sorry I didn't ask your permission before quoting you.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

"Try it and watch what happens"

Is that a threat Mr. BAss?...... A hollow threat, just like all the rest?

What are you going to do, call Al's employers and whine to them? Or, turn him into the Sheriff for "aiding and abetting" a lie....

Or, let's see...you're going to hire a Brazilian Lawyer, and sue Mr. Colombo here in Florida.....sure you will.....

Mr. Colombo...please keep us informed of any stupid activitiy by Mr. BAss....there is a long list of expert witnesses to Mr. BAss's lieing testimony.....

AAAAAHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You lie Mr. BAss.....

Norm Mugford

BTW...The author of the above wishes that the above statements could be copywrited.....But I'm not Mr. BAss.....

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
Norm Mugford

He would have had to give a copyright notice in his postings if he intended to keep them to himself :-), or perhaps he should just not say things in a public forum that he doesn't want repeated. I don't think he understands the copyright laws. This public forum I've been assured by my people are excluded, plus he never gave a copyright notice with his postings. Perhaps he'll add that in his tag lines now.

Al

Reply to
Al Colombo

They are not from what I'm told. He might have a small case if he'd have posted a copyright notice with his postings, but he didn't.

Al

Reply to
Al Colombo

I'll be sure to update you at every turn!

Al

Copyright(c)2006

Reply to
Al Colombo

Doug,

You have a point here. If he considers his comments protected by copyright, then why is he reproducing mine and other poster's comments in his posts. If his comments are protected in that fashion, so are ours. I'm posting a copyright notice on my comments from here out so he can't quote them back at me. What do you think?

Al

Copyright(c)2006

Reply to
Al Colombo

Due to copyright restrictions I can't comment on your recent post Al

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Careful, Al. He's saving all your stuff and will forward it at the appropriate time.

"It is amazing how fast an abuser can be flipped clean through a wall by this simple, straightforward technique."

(This quote was used *without permission*.)

Robert has more "experience" than any of us with the local constabulary.

Ixnay on the "Brazilian Lawyer". I don't think they'd allow guys wearing feathers and carrying blowguns in Florida courtrooms.

Speaking of "the Testimony"; there it is for all to see on the "Goofy" site. Chocker block full of famous Bass Lines (and *all* used without permission). How about

formatting link
If there ever was an instance where outright infringement was taking place, I'd say that qualifies. I wonder what a company like Dell would do in a similar situation? "The Dell from Hell"... :-) They'd shut the sucker down faster than DSC pulled the panel programming software from basshome.com (and that happened within 30 minutes of their being notified it was available there as a free download).

Frank Olson

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Nah, you have my permission to re-print anything, including anything I quote. :-) js

Reply to
alarman

Robert L Bass wrote this in his "sig" line:

It's considered proper form when using a quotation like this to place it in "quotations" and include the author's name.

Frank Olson

formatting link
"Splash, splash, spalsh went the minnow." (Robert J. La Londe III)

Reply to
Frank Olson

I've decided to copyright the term "copyright"

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Doug, you know Mr. BAss has the copyright to copyright, so please don't copywrite his copywrite.

Be prepared, he'll get pissed and filter you!

Norm Mugford

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
Norm Mugford

Please stop reposting Robert's sig line, unless of course it is your intention to aid him in his efforts at "better search engine positioning". :-)

Frank Olson

formatting link
"Splash, splash, splash went the minnow." (Robert J. La Londe III)

Reply to
Frank Olson

I'll simply offer this post from Bass's past:

From: snipped-for-privacy@alumni.caltech.edu (Yin Lung Shih) Subject: Can we un-hijack this newsgroup? Message-ID: Organization: Caltech Alumni Association Newsgroups: rec.aviation.student

I'm sorry to bring this up, but one Robert L. Bass with the original e-mail address of ' snipped-for-privacy@BassHome.com' has recently taken actions out of spite with the apparent intent to destroy this newsgroup or blackmail it into submission. These include:

- Deliberately changing his e-mail address to get through newsgroup participants' kill filters. Aliases noted so far include: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com, Harry Haffer, Wally Waller, RLB, and others. He has used about a half dozen aliases in about

48 hours

- Pirating information compiled, edited, and mostly written by Gene Whitt and claiming it as first belonging to no one and now claiming that he has created a version which is owned by him

- Retracting a promise to withdraw that pirated material and renewing his distribution attempts

- Offering "peace" with one hand and a thrusting knife with the other to his detractors

- Bombing the newsgroup with posts of this information, hundreds of KB at a time, despite prior warnings as to the consequences to news-servers

- A threat to repeat this bombing periodically, and in fact an explicit statement by him that he is doing so to push the off-topic "flames" against him out of news-server buffers (so he knows what he is doing)

- A threat to scan the AIM and FAR and post those in the future

He claims to be doing these things in response to flames against him and because it is his "right". Further he would stop if people stopped flaming him. However, as a recent participant in these "flamewars", I perused past transactions and concluded that the forced departure of all the people he complains of, Ahrens, Laffer, and even myself (if 5 days, 3 in defense of Gene's rights, constitutes sufficient transgression against group sensibilities) would only lead to a new flurry of flames in short order with new participants. He is some kind of wierd neurotic "moth" that both attracts flames and is attracted to flames.

Since this is an unmoderated newsgroup there are a limited number of options:

- Readers can object to his actions by copying his posts to their ISP and his ISP and hope that some action is taken by his ISP to kick him off or your ISP to reject posts from his ISP. This means keeping up with e-mail address changes and ISP changes as he hops around at first, as he is likely to do.

- Readers can ignore his actions, treat him as a pariah, and hope he goes away. Note that his bombing the newsgroup and changing his e-mail address means that it will be impossible to ignore the consequences of his actions even if you ignore him. And you won't be able to ignore him easily by kill-filing him anymore. The newsgroup will function in a degraded fashion so long as he keeps this up. (He knows this, which is why he is doing it.) But perhaps enough patience will see him get tired of this spite tantrum and the newsgroup can return to its semi-debilitated state of waiting for another blow-up from him.

- Apply pressure to his detractors to shut up and leave him alone. I think this is a forlorn hope as it will only encourage him to be more outrageous and new detractors will arise with a repetition of these events at a later time.

- This group can change to a moderated newsgroup. This has limited success outlook as moderated groups tend to be sterile and activity rates are low. It can also take several months to get the change implemented.

- Those members of this group who are fed up can move to an e-mail reflector list. This requires someone to set up and maintain a list, which is not very hard to do - I run one for a club and know how. It is less efficient than a newsgroup since every post is replicated in a mailbox rather than on a new-server, also archiving is not so straightforward as through Dejanews. On the other hand, I know of a ham-radio reflector which probably has over 1000 satisfied subscribers with no interest in "upgrading" to a newsgroup and the Mooney reflector probably has 100-150 subscribers. A reflector is probably better than a moderated group as it doesn't require post by post approval, which is what slows moderated groups down, and can operate at e-mail speeds. Of course, the only point of the list is to exclude RLB or anyone else who behaves in a continuously outrageous manner. The list maintainer would have that power, and only he or his designees could do so. If the list maintainers abused that power then the list would eventually become sterile or worthless. I don't see why that should be, but it is important to be up front about the trade-offs.

- Quit the newsgroup, as many others have already done, in disgust.

I can think of no other choices.

Yin Shih, N9YS/6, PP-ASEL-IA, M20K snipped-for-privacy@alumni.caltech.edu

Reply to
Jim

I have always been under the impression that, "If you care whether or not your statement is going to be repeated, don't say it." Why would RLB care since he is convinced he is always right about everything. He is putting his bASSisms out for the whole world to see every time he posts here. I think, in your case with his recent half assed threats, that before he starts barking, he should at least remember where he left his teeth.

entitled to, and I support Freedom of Speech.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

to aid him in

Reply to
coord

Don'tcha just love watching bass splash about?? He's creating a veritable "Tsunami" of bullshit, and when he's called on any of it the coward doesn't even have the balls to respond with anything but more flames and innuendo. In the words of Bugs Bunny: "What a maroon!" (c) MGM

Frank Olson

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

immediately...which of course

Awww... Shucks!!!

Frank Olson

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Kicks and Giggles!!!

He's creating a

Thats because he has us all filtered. He doesn't see any of our comments....(riightt!)

with anything but more

BASS MO

In the words of Bugs Bunny: "What a maroon!" (c) MGM

Fwanky, I didn't know you were a fan of that pesky Wabbit? If you put a pair of glasses on old Elmer, would he resemble Dick Cheney in the field?

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.