Re: Two Strange Phone Calls Today

I thought it would be a good idea to make note of this while it was

> fresh in my memory. At about 3:45 PM a message went to my voice mail > where the person said "are you still there?" That was all he said, > but the voice-driven caller ID (on Vonage voicemail) said the call > was from 512-220-2013. Then almost immediatly, the same voice called > again and I saw his number this time on my own caller ID from the > same 512-220-2013 number. This person did not identify himself, but > seemed interested in speaking to ... > I hung up and decided to just write it off as some sort of a sneaky > prank call when lo-and-behold, the phone line reserved for calls on > Digest things (602-402-0134) rang again, and it was the same voice, > but this time the caller ID said the call was from Irvine, CA and > the number given was 949-296-0549. T

Neither of these numbers are from AT&T, but both are from various resellers/small switch owners. Probably both telemarketing calls where your switch has picked up the originating switch's number, not the valid Caller ID.

Doesn't smell quite like a conspiracy, just a bunch of clueless callers.

Reply to
daryl.gibson
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.