DVRs More Channels

Any nice off the shefl DVRs with more than 16 channels available out there beside the Toshiba 32 and 64 channel units?

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Stand alone or PC based?

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Thats only on the client software, not the local server side which only does 16 at once (it is very good though), but from what I gather he wants a 32 channel DVR that can view all 32 channels in 1 multi view? Bob?

There are only a few, need to know if you are looking for Embedded OS such as Linux Embedded, or Windows XP Based?

Reply to
cctvbahamas

formatting link

Reply to
Matt Ion

Yes I know that, but it doesnt do a 32 camera multi view, on the local DVR server Software. There are a few others I had found but i want to know if he is into the Windows PC or Embedded OS.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Embedded OS is my prefference.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Here's one for starters, its embedded Windows XP: I know, not RTOS, but neither is the Toshiba which is PC Based also, not even sure if the Toshiba is embedded XP, but ive heard from people that used it and said it was not worth it.

formatting link
Honestly dont know of any Embedded RTOS DVRs with 32 channels off hand, though it has been 2 days with no sleep, so Ill see. There are a few PC DVRs and DVR solutions that do 32 channels in a 32+ Multi view.

Unfortunately too many of the DVRs and NVRs that claim 32+ channels, only do a 16 way multi view, which basically is useless unless you want to use multiple monitors. Im programming a 32 and 64 channel viewer now for a PC DVR.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Dunno which post you're replying to, but the VideoInsight system will support up to 32 analog video inputs on one computer:

On the link I provided: "32 Camera View The VJ120 and VJ240 card can support up to 32 cameras on a single screen. The card support 16 cameras and can be expanded to support a total of 32 on from a single PCI slot."

From the DataSheet: "Our software loads on your PC and connects to standard CCTV or IP Network cameras. The unique peer-to-peer software design supports 32 analog and 32 IP cameras per server, with no limit on the number of servers."

Reply to
Matt Ion

I know that DVR very very well. It DOES NOT do 32 channel Multi View on the local DVR server, ONLY on the Client Software .. ok got it now???

Email them and ask them if you are in doubt.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Thats totally unstable if you do that. And if run on another PC on the same network, it will simply take up additional bandwidth. Video Insight is simply not designed for 32 channel multi view, Ive had talks with their techs on this already. There are many other PC DVR options designed for 32 channel multi views.

If you feel running client and server software on the same PC is fine, then you cannot be in the DVR industry, or are a beginner, which is okay. If you want to get into the IP part of it, they only support DIY IP gear like Axis, Canon, Dlink, and JVC.

I like their software, I have used it, BUT IT IS NOT a 32 channel DVR to the extent that we are discussing here.

visit cctvforum.com for further discussion.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Uhhh... did you LOOK at the link I provided? I dunno if you ran out of fingers and toes, but I count 32 little boxes in that screenshot.

Or was the text I pasted - "The VJ120 and VJ240 card can support up to

32 cameras on a single screen." - unclear somehow?
Reply to
Matt Ion

The client software CAN be run ON the local server.

Apparently you don't know the system as well as you think.

Reply to
Matt Ion

Its not up to them, they use Comart cards and the Comart SDK. All comart DVRs are like that, no 32 channel view. The client software does but others that use the cards and SDKs dont suggest using the client software on the same PC as the server software, for obvious reasons ..CPU usage among them.

Back to the post,

32 channel PC based DVRs - with 32 channel multi views.

formatting link
There are others especially alot of chinese ones, but these are the only 2 i can vouch for in the way of 32 channel DVRs, at this time.

If you want real time video, then you will need 2 seperate DVRs, 16 and

16, and a 480fps card each, that does that in 720x480. Geo vision's combo cards do that, with a DSP output so you can use 2 CCTV Monitors for highest quality, which will be higher quality than the video on the PC Monitor.

Then there is the NVR route, buy a 1U Slim Server PC, and use some Acti Video Encoders for the analogue cameras. Using Milestone software you ca get licences for 36 or 64 cameras, and view in those multi views.

formatting link
?strCatalog_ID=57803431-9E23-45A9-A1D8-81F13AC9D55F&strCategory_ID={399EE253-0C10-4716-99B5-FBD3ABD4F3E
formatting link

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Who distributes that in the USA?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Really? Then why did their tech tell me that "Version 2.5 and beyond support 32 camera display on the server and Network Client."?

Well, that's THEIR official solution for providing security-controlled camera access - if you want to hide specific cameras from view on the server, you lock users out of the server app entirely and then limit their view of those cameras on the client, running on the same machine. It's a silly method and I've talked to them about improving it.

Wrong. Two years officially in the industry now, dozens of DVRs of several different brands installed and supported, and 20 years in IT before that. I'm quite familiar with what modern computers are capable of.

It is according to them.

Reply to
Matt Ion

Which ones?

I-view can be purchased from Several US distributors under the Ameba CCTV name, or you can order direct from Ameba who is in NY, USA.

formatting link
Vendoma is in NY, USA

Acti, there are a few US reps, just depends where you live.

Milestone can be obtained from somewhere like

formatting link
If you need the address of the Geo Rep, post a message on the cctvforum and ill PM you the email.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Bosch DiBOS. The new version is supposed to be a good unit.

Reply to
J. Sloud

They dont make the DVR cards, they buy the cards from Comart and customize an SDK provided by Comart.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Don't be suprised it sometimes happens

Reply to
Mark Leuck

So you're basically saying that you know the system better than the people that build it?

Reply to
Matt Ion

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.