DVR recommendations

Whats a decent 8 channel DVR with built in networking? The remote software would need to do all the DVR functions, not just remote view. For about $600.

Thanks

Reply to
G. Morgan
Loading thread data ...

Look at Nuvico or tempest microsystems

Reply to
nick markowitz

Ditto to Nick's post! Not too expensive, not top of the line, good features, for a a decent price.

nick markowitz wrote:

Reply to
secure15

True indeed. We move a lot of Nuvico DVR's. I just sold one today to a guy in Panama.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Ummm,,, I wanted to spend about $600- to $1000 max.

I was looking @ Speco stuuf. Those ones you mention are over 2K or am I missing some pricing?

Please email me @ snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com or allow mine on your whitelist, I have some questions that shouldn't be public.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I feel like a spendthrift. I have never installed a DVR in that price range. The cheapest I have installed is a 6 channel DiBos Micro where the browser is the software (with an Active X plug in). Those are about 4 times what you are looking to spend. However customers seem to like them. If they like them enough to pay for one why not sell them?

Reply to
Roland Moore

That's like the guy at Ademco tellin' me he sells a lot of Tane contacts in the Yukon. He has no actual "hands on" experience with them either.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
phurley

Good question. This client has the money..

Reply to
G. Morgan

personal experience, the ameoba system is good and cheap but it will not remote worth a crap... so if you need a good cheap local dvr it's worth a look.. (NOTE: as with any DVR make sure its well vented, heat will kill the harddrives)

RTS

Reply to
Rocky T Squirrel

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.