Advice needed on DVR/Camera setup for small office

My brother's assistant of 18 years just resigned from his small medical practice and it will take a while to replace her. In the meantime he wants to be able to monitor the patient waiting area from any of his 4 exam rooms, all of which have networked computers. I was thinking of an IP/network video camera but then I remembered that he also has a camera outside of his office which is used to see who is ringing the doorbell, this camera is old and is connected to an old BW CRT. I told him it might be a good idea to install some new cameras around the office, not more than 4, and to record to a DVR. I have been googling and I read that GE makes a good product. I am considering the SDVR-4PII-80 StoreSafe Pro II (link below). As for the cameras, I was looking at the bullet cameras because the office is very small and a larger camera might intimidate patients. I would also appreciate recommendations for an online vendor. I think a $2,500 budget for parts would be in his range. thanks!

formatting link

Reply to
Ned
Loading thread data ...

You can do it for a lot less than $2500, see

formatting link
What you can do is get a 4-8 channel DVR and put it on the network, then install the remote viewing software on each workstation in the exam rooms to watch the front lobby.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.