Single remote surveillance camera with DVR?

Our business has a parking lot located about two blocks away. Its location precludes any wireless networking. However, the business adjoining the parking lot has a DSL circuit and has given us permission to mount a camera on its building and use its DSL circuit.

My idea is to place a camera there with a view of the parking lot, and have it feed a single-channel DVR with remote IP access so I can both see the lot real-time and review previous "events" recorded on the DVR due to motion detection.

I realize this isn't a unique application, but I'd be interested in suggestions and recommendations from others.

Thanks!

Reply to
Someone
Loading thread data ...

Any ol' single channel DVR with network capability will do the trick. Does the site have a static IP? If not you will need to run an dyndns application on one computer on their network so you can connect up to it consistantly.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

RUTHLESSLY KILL ALL AMERICAN GOVT FBI, CIA and NSA PSYCHOPATHS.

SHOW NO MERCY.

Give exactly the SAME WEAPON to any FBI, CIA and NSA PSYCHOPATH and a NON-AMERICAN to FIGHT and these US GOVT IMPOTENT PSYCHOPATHS will DROP their WEAPONS and RUN like HELL crying Mommy, Mommy, Mommy HELP ME.

The WORST PART is 300 mil AMERICAN PROGRAMMED SLAVES "WORSHIP" these IMPOTENT FBI, CIA and NSA PUSSIES as BRAVE WARRIORS.

MYTH: America is a LAND of the FREE and HOME of the BRAVE

FACT: America is a LAND of GOVT PROGRAMMED SLAVES and HOME of the PUSSIES

A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government."

Edward Abbey

formatting link

Pax anti-american imperialism and terrorism is a philosophy.

Making sure evil, imperialistic american govt does not turn me into a SLAVE like majority of the americans, is liberty building.

Think of it as somebody beating the shit out of EVIL AMERICAN GOVT CRIMINALS, MURDERERS and TERRORISTS for being FASCIST and GENOCIDAL.

Reply to
McGinn

I agree with Bob.

Static IP is not neccessary. If you choose DVR with dynamic DNS support it can refresh dynamic IP alone or DDNS support can be set on the router (many of them have this option). Port forwarding to your DVR should be set on DSL router. Consider installing more cameras, because best-buy DVRs are 4 channel models. I strongly suggest low light day/night high resolution cameras (480 TVL min.). Infrared illumination is welcome too if the parking lot is in the dark.

Reply to
almel

I've had bad luck with the DYNDNS features on routers. I prefer to run a DYNDNS program on their main server on their LAN as that is the one computer least likely to be down, and even if it is they won't leave it down for long.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.