DVR internet ready

Any one ever been able to get one of these China DVR's to work on the internet? We've been 3 months trying with no results yet, done everything the factory and the ISD provider suggested with no good results. it works "fair" behind the router but can't be accessed from the internet side of the router..

RTS

Reply to
Rocky T Squirrel
Loading thread data ...

All you have to do is to port forward the router to the ip of the dvr, so from the remote area you run the software and try to connect with the static ip of the site installation. Then the router that was previously programmed for port forward to the ip of dvr, do the rest of the job...

Reply to
Spyros Kintzonides

Tks, Spyros did that first thing, however originally the DSL ISP had all incoming requests for data BLOCKED at their servers.. finally got that opened but unit still wouldn't work.. checked the Berklin router through and through, everything was programmed as should be.. we then found out the DSL Modem was blocking ports. had it reprogrammed to allow the DVR ports acccess unit still doesn't work on the internet side..

We suspect the DSL modem is the problem but don't know what to do to it to find out.. BellSouth will not return any question about it to us...

RTS

Reply to
Rocky T Squirrel

Sounds to me like it's a router problem. Have you tried hooking the DVR directly to the DSL modem? If this works, you may have to assign an individual IP to each computer in the network, then designate the DVR as an open IP.

Regards,

Frank

Reply to
FIRETEK

one of the first things we did, (the direct connection) did nothing.. even the factory couldn't get into it...

reprogrammed

Reply to
Rocky T Squirrel

Got a link to the manual/information??

Regards,

Frank

Reply to
FIRETEK

Can't you just go to Fry's and buy your own modem? js

Reply to
alarman

can you supply us with a bit more information..

like dvr name and brand(maybe a link to the manual) router brand and model

are you using fix or dynamic local address?

are you using fix or dynamic external address?

if you have a dynamic external address are you using a dns service like dyndns?

with a few answer I could maybe help..

by the way if you know the tcp port used by the dvr it would help a bit(and the mode tcp or udp)

thanks

"Rocky T Squirrel" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@vci.net...

Reply to
petem

Petem, I'll dig up the info and repost as soon as I can find it all.. We've used 2 different DVR's one from Amabeo? (east coast office) and the other from Bolida? (west coast office) both units were made in China.. both units were 16 camera input the Bolida unit had a built-in CD burner..

Neither unit would work from the internet side of the router (Belkin).. or from a direct connection to the Whiltec? DSL modem (supplied by BellSouth)

The service tech at Amabeo? said we had to have at least a 300kb connection to get working results from the remote software. (the DSL connection was tested at 275kb)

The service tech at Bolida? said anything just over 56kb should work with his product.

The location does have a static IP, and the modem and router had a pipeline port of 8000 open which was what the DVR was programmed to use..

I'll get the other info here as soon as I find it..

RTS

de

Reply to
Rocky T Squirrel

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.