PTZ programming

Hello Sir,

I would like to program the PTZ camera which is daynapel D86 series.

I successfully control the PTZ camera with Pan left/right, tilt up/ down, zoom in/out with pelco protocol. But I cant understand the acknowlegement data from PTZ.

I would like to interpret acknowledgement data from PTZ. I haven't understand protocol for acknowledge data from PTZ.

Could anybody help me in this regard to understand what PTZ acknowledge?

what is acknowledge data tells us?

Thanks in advance for your commnets.

Regards, Naresh

Reply to
Naresh850
Loading thread data ...

Are you using Pelco 'D' or 'P' protocol?

ACK data is there to return responses to the control to let it know that the camera is accepting commands properly and responding to them. It can also be used to simply confirm that the control codes were sent properly - for example, an incorrect code sent to the camera might not generate an ACK, whereas a properly formed command would return a specific ACK; your controller or software can view this to confirm that communication is happening.

I would expect any documentation on the protocol you're using would explain the ACK codes. A Pelco SDK would probably be helpful. There's a bit of info here as well:

formatting link

Reply to
Matt Ion

I have never used daynapel. D86 series. Did you mean DynaPel? There are too many variables and not enough information to assist you. You aren't saying what you are using to control the PTZ or how it is wired. Pelco has more than one protocol.. If this is some custom built gear you have then you might ask the guys at Sennetech about it.

formatting link
guys make most of the OEM code converters out there as well their own line of converters.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Thank you very much for ur prompt response!

I am using Pelco D protocol/RS432. Can any one send me the query commands for PTZ?

PTZ is Dynapel D interceptor.

Reply to
Naresh850

RS432???

Dynapel won't provide them?

I am using Pelco D protocol/RS432. Can any one send me the query commands for PTZ?

PTZ is Dynapel D interceptor.

it.http://www.sennetech.net/> Those guys make most of the OEM code converters out there as well their own

Reply to
Roland Moore

Pelco can... under the Tech Tips section of their website, the following document, "How to Obtain and Use Pelco Protocols": ftp://

formatting link

"Requests for one or more of these protocol documents should be made via e-mail to snipped-for-privacy@pelco.com."

Reply to
Matt Ion

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.