DSC 4020 CF

I have a new 4020CF commercial fire panel V 3.54 that won't answer a download call. Verified connections, polarity, voltages, and programming with no luck. DSC tech support is clueless. Anyone had a similar problem?

Reply to
Buggs
Loading thread data ...

did your try totally powering down panel and repower back up this works with other systems when they jam.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

Yup. js

Reply to
Buggs

So did it ever send signals?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yeah, no problem. It connects via PC Link too, it just won't answer the phone. js

Reply to
Buggs

Check the main chip. If it says "Made in Sarasota", that explains why it won't answer the phone.

Reply to
Frank Olson

The line that it is hooked up to actually rang ?

I came across a bulding where the communicator was using the manager's phone and during the day time she had the phone line call forwarded to her cell phone.

Reply to
A.J.

Verify the phone number on the line to make sure it's the line you're calling, then try reversing tip & ring.

Norm Mugford

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
Norm Mugford

Yup. js

Reply to
Buggs

The line rings, and tip and polarity checks ok. js

Reply to
Buggs

S.B. Polarity checks OK. js

Reply to
Buggs

We had the same thing happen with a 4020, DSC told us we had too many devices on the system and the board was not getting the proper amount of power to work correctly.

Went to Tri-ed bought a new board, CHANGED ONLY THE BOARD, and now we could upload from the office.

I think you may just have to change out that Defective Security Cpu. PC-4020.

Reply to
George Siegle

Went to Tri-ed bought a new board, CHANGED ONLY THE BOARD, and now we could upload from the office.

I think you may just have to change out that Defective Security Cpu. PC-4020.

Yeah, I ordered a replacement, which should be here today. The only devices connected to this board is one keypad, and a 4701 dual phone line module. DSC tech support may as well not exist. I have called them only a few times over the years, and have been disappointed every time. This is the last time I ever use a DSC fire panel. js

Reply to
Buggs

I have a box full of DSC 4020CF panels. I bet not even the land fill will take them. Who cares if the panel won't answer up when you dial in? It takes a full 45 minutes to do a complete upload and the same 45 minutes for a complete download. What a headache! And using it as just a fire panel and not a combo burg/fire? Why not use a real fire panel and avoid the problems?

Reply to
Roland More

Yea, this one is a combo. I don't ever do a full ul/dl on a maxsys panel, but I still like to be able to connect to it. This is the last time I'll use one for fire though. js

Reply to
Buggs

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.