Do any other pros here know of a CID 816 code?

Can't find it on any list, I get them from an Interlogix NX-8 platform, 3 months apart. It will either replace the 602 weekly test or come in 48 seconds later. Never seen any 800 series code in 40 years - anyone else ?

Reply to
J Post
Loading thread data ...

Its possible that an incorrect report code was programmed into the sensor attributes in locations 110 to 169, or a format override in location 18?

Thats about the only way that panel can change CID reporting

Reply to
mleuck

Hey mleuck, Thanks for the brain picking opportunity! Looking at the sub's file in the laptop now... Nothing is programmed in Loc 18 Overrides tab at all & both reserved locations are still 0. The only deviation from the 110~169 area defaults is in zone type 23's event code. it was set to 16, instead of 21, but that zone type is not used in any zone. The only types used are the standard 3, 5, 6 & 8. I'm stumped cause even if the errant 16 was the cause, there's nothing to trigger that zone type, and if it was somehow changing the actual 602 test code, how does it change back for 3 months ? The sub hears/sees nothing at the signals time. Another NX dilemma. I suppose I'll have to check the local event log. The only thing I can imagine is some corruption is changing the panel program from the 586 sent file's content.

Reply to
J Post

Hey J,

i would be puzzled as well. However, here is my suggestion. If you have DL900 software and If you can connect to the panel and If you already have DL'd the original account file Then use the Keypad Installer code to enter programming. Then use *910 and default the panel back to default settings. Then re-load the original panel programming from DL900 file.

If you don't have the original panel programming and/or don't have DL900 then do as above anyhow and then reprogram as was from start.

My thinking is that from what you are describing is happening something in the program got scrambled and you will never figure out exactly what or where it was or is.

Then if the problem continues it can't be fixed!!

Sad to say that!! But.......................

Good Luck!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Hey Thanks Les, I have DL/DLX900 and all and forgot about the overrides on CID. I have done exactly your mentioned procedure a few times. I have an NX-8eCF install that defaults itself every couple years and that is the only way to kick it in the ass to wake it up while retaining the many customers codes. I find it to be such a weird platform that does so much. I think a lot us cursed GE/I/UTC techs miss Ralph S. !

Reply to
J Post

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.