Most Popular and Feature Rich DVR

We had a conversation not to long ago about DVRs and a couple of you guys weighed in. I can't find it any more, and my back up unit is nearly dead. Primary is still recording, but I like to run redundant systems.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Hi Bob,

Yes, I remember something about your previous posting. I can't find it either. It seems the electrons have washed the SIM/DIM/BIM card clean??

As for your desire to have a "Feature Rich" "Most Popular" DVR for your back up video retention........................??

Well, that is going to be difficult to pick the exact one(1) to fit Bob's desire!! As for a "DVR" I would suggest one that has some NVR capabilities. That way if you want to add a higher tech camera somewhere it could be possible. I do know that some of the INVID stuff has that capability. But, then I would guess that most of the upper end manufacturers have that as well.

I only mention INVID because when I could no longer purchase HikVision stuff I had to go with another and my distributor suggested INVID. The sales/tech guy was very helpful, even with my stupid questions.

I hope that helps a bit, and that someone else in here will provide their comments to counteract mine or not!! :-)

Good Luck!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Yes, Invid Tech. I seem to recall you and Jim both talking about them, and one of you said you had been buying them from non-traditional sources like Zoro or Amazon.

Were you able to get your HikVision IP cameras to work with the Invid hybrid DVRs?

I have a brand new (old stock) small HikVision NVR I was going to use on the house and ditch the low (used to be considered high) res analog stuff, but that was about the time the whole spyware and US ban broke in the news. I don't have an issue ditching the NVR, but I'd like to use the cameras I had for it. HikVision is still available if you know where to look. I just don't really trust it.

I used Digital Watchdog for a while, but it seemed like every system had to be firmware updated to keep it from crashing regularly. The price/feature/specs ratios seemed to be pretty good otherwise.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Bob,

As for the question: Were you able to get your HikVision IP cameras to work with the Invid hybrid DVRs?

I can say that there are some settings for the camera inputs that can be adjusted to meet a bunch of video inputs. Before you buy one I would suggest to talk to their Tech Dept and ask the question with specifics. Such as the actual model of camera and video resolution.

I think that Hik is available at ADI and on eBay. However, eBay has a lot of look-a-likes that are knockoffs. You can usually get a good idea which ones by looking at the price tag. $20-$25 for a camera model with good features?? If it looks too good to be true!!!! :-)

Later,

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.