DL900 Software

I recently loaded Version 3.04 and set up the modem I got the right one in now and it dials and starts talking.

It never hands off and the panel hangs up.

What am I doing wrong and where do I look?

I backed the baud rate back, It worked before I changed the hard drive and newer software.

Rich

Reply to
Rich
Loading thread data ...

Did you set up the modem for both Init strings that match your modem? Did you check the download access codes to make sure they match?

Reply to
Roland Moore

What do you have for a # 66 AOpen (Acer) 56K internal

Q0E0V1S9=1 S7=255S 10=255X0\\N1S37=3N0

All 0 are numbers 0 not the letter I am using a Generic Fax Data Modem 56K

Reply to
Rich

this works for my 56K modem S7=255S10=255X0T&Q0&K0S37=3N0&C1 with 1200 baud rate

sure DL access code is correct? good luck

Reply to
brent

It worked before I changed the hard drive. I moved the data from my laptop over.

Reply to
Rich

Reinstall the software, then import or copy over the database only. Just make sure you keep a backup.

Jim Rojas

Rich wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

make had written this in response to

formatting link
: Hi Guys,

I am a newbie here and appreciate some help with my problem with NX8e panel I have just downloaded version 3.04 but can't connect via dial up modem to panel using all the advice here, panel answers and and I get message "error downloading to module0....0'

I have tried changing baud rates

My modem is a Agere Systems HDA modem in an Acer Laptop

All help appreciated ... Thanks

------------------------------------- Rich wrote:

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via

formatting link
Internet Knowledge Base for the security industry no-spam access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.security.alarms - 37596 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
make

Is this the only panel you have? Can you try it with another? Is the access code the same?

Did some one pick up the phone at the alarm panel?

formatting link
:

Reply to
Rich

make had written this in response to

formatting link
: Hi Rich, Thanks for the help, this is the only panel I have, the access code for the panel is the default 8480000 and I'm assuming I have to put in my personal master code 4 digit that i have programmed into the panel,

- under "control panel" - "user number 1" - "code'

Attempted to connect using all modems listed in Software, but only 69) Creative Modemblaster Flash 56 gives a connection but eventually shows ?error wring to Module 0?.0? and hangs up. I actually hear the modem hanging up the line about 5 seconds after the panel has answered message comes on screen, thereafter another 60 odd second before the message error... comes up. the line is already off during this time.

my problem then is that the modem is hanging up too quickly, and i have to find out how to stop it doing so with some commands or .... Please HELP me setup this modem with commands. The panel is set to answer at the 6th ring because the service provider has a call answer on 8th ring

Additional settings and a walk through of all settings appreciated. I am in South Africa. Thanks in advance, Make snipped-for-privacy@3i.co.za

------------------------------------- Rich wrote:

formatting link
> :

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via

formatting link
Internet Knowledge Base for the security industry no-spam access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.security.alarms - 37771 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
make

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.