Distributors are like Usenet

"Give us another chance. Thats not the way we do business. Give us a chance to show you."

Ok...

A distributor I once had on my "only if nobody else in the country has it list" managed to let me give them another chance.

I ordered a major part from them last week. Something I really needed this week. I called for a price. I called back and asked to speak to the same person, but got somebody else. I went on to order the part with the new person and had them confirm the price. He gave me a price several hundred dollars less than my first call. I asked him several times to make sure that was the correct price for the correct item. I even had him read me back the description to make sure it was not a different option and had everything it was supposed to have. He confirmed price and description. I ordered it to be drop shipped from the manufacturer. He promised me he would call and check availability and call me back so I would be sure to have it this week.

I never got a call. (Typical for this distributor even making orders of several thousand dollars.) I called back this week and asked when I could expect to see my product. The order was never placed, and nobody is willing to admit to talking with this guy. The price is not being honored and they will not even pay for expedited shipping even though they screwed up.

I'm not quite ready to name them again, but if one really wanted to know I suppose they could search for old posts of mine. I'll give you a hint, "ADI has better customer service than these guys. I still do occassional business with ADI."

This is a very similar experience to why I quit doing business with them several years back.

Lesson learned. Distributors are like Usenet. Once somebody manages to earn a place in your bozo bin there is no reason to ever take them out.

P.S. If you are one of these people and you know who you are. I just committed to hiring some more staff and building a new warehouse / office building. The steel verticals went up yesterday. This is kind of committment that means I'll have to stay in the business for many more years. That's a lot of high priced equipment sales you just pissed out the window.

P.P.S. Inspite of all my whining and complaining there are only a handful of companies who have actually made it into my Bozo Bin.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Hey Bob...totally OT:

I'd be real hesistant to post your ROC, name and real phone numbers here (or anywhere on the net).

Last year I discovered that a guy in California (LA if I remember), used my name, and info he had gotten from my ROC to rent a space, open a business and get phones, I think he even opened lines of credit and bank accounts all in my name. I would never had known had I not been contacted by fraud detectives from the pd and telco out there. It was totally weird.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I had it happen too. I am still living the nightmare. I am surprised the cops called you. Usually they are too disinterested to bother.

Reply to
Roland

Couldn't you just say TRI-ED SUCKS rather than be a long winded bastard? :-) I ordered from them 2 months ago. I confirmed the price. I have email quotes from them. I get the bill and it's 200 more than the quote. This is the second time in 8 years I have ordered from then and it's the second time in 8 years that the price changed after purchase. Maybe

8 years from now they'll get their act together but for now they shouldn't sit by the ph> "Give us another chance. Thats not the way we do business. Give us a
Reply to
I brive a dus

Reply to
Roland

Reply to
Roland

i'm suprised he hasn't been hit yet. rlb too. hope youse guys are checking your credit reports regularly.

Reply to
Frog

Well, I could I suppose, but since Brandon is no longer with them their service with Dana has improved a little bit. Not that I don't think she has dropped the ball once or twice, but its better than it was.

No, this is a totally different company.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I had two. A bank security person contacted me a while back to ask if I had authorized a wire transfer in the amount of [something like $30,000] to some overseas institution. I said no and asked him to repeat the name of the bank. I never had an account there. I explained and they took care of it.

There's an online service I use that gives me monthly reports of any credit inquiries. I've been using them ever since a certain idiot from Waco tried to mess with me. That character was "outsourced" not long afterward.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Yes. Fellow by the Name of Steve Roth. He's working hard and putting a lot of money into getting Tri Ed into the ball park. I don't know, nationally, where ADI sit's with most installers, but they have a lot of offices and do a lot of business, and are the biggest distributor. I'm sure Steve is looking to compete with them eventually .... ummmm because he can, I guess. From what I understand, he has some good financial backing, so I think it's just a matter of time.

Whether you consider ADI good or not is not the issue, I don't think. It's the competition that'll be the major benefit.

Reply to
Jim

They all called me; the cops, the banks cops, the telco cops, and my credit card cops. I had no idea what was going on, apparently they were watching this guy. He never got anything from me, but he was using my credentials...maybe he woulda though.

| > I'd be real hesistant to post your ROC, name and real phone numbers here | > (or | > anywhere on the net). | >

| > Last year I discovered that a guy in California (LA if I remember), used | > my | > name, and info he had gotten from my ROC to rent a space, open a business | > and get phones, I think he even opened lines of credit and bank accounts | > all | > in my name. I would never had known had I not been contacted by fraud | > detectives from the pd and telco out there. It was totally weird. | >

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

inquiries. I've been using them ever since a certain

Another lie... And here I thought 2007 was going to be better...

Reply to
Frank Olson

They don't try to get anything directly from you. They use your identity to gain credit from others, then stiff them. The creditors then screw up your credit report. The results can be devastating if you don't catch it in time. You were fortunate that the cops were onto this character.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

2007 will be better..its just that it didn't started good,but when the delivery will come,2007 will be so good!!
Reply to
Petem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.