ADT is at it again... No shame.

So who's worse now as far as using "fear tactics" to make a sale for a "security" system (3 doors and a motion).

Check out the latest ADT maneuvers from their scummy sales people.

formatting link

Reply to
G. Morgan
Loading thread data ...

*Three* doors??? That's a 50% increase in perimeter protection. :^)

In spite of Florida's statutory prohibition on false "free" alarm sales (where the "free" system can only be had by paying for a monitoring contract)., the local ADT dealer in Bradenton still uses the free system ads. His sales people hand doorbell fliers around our neighborhood any time they can get past the security gate. Presumably, they tailgate behind one of the residents because the gate stays open too long.

We should invent an ADT sensor to activate a row of tire spikes...

BTW, did you check out my new photo album?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

RHC: Where can I find a link to your photos Bob ?

PS: Yes, I too thought the gate stayed open too long when I went through it several years ago......lets the ADT salespeople and other vermin an access through....:))

Reply to
tourman

You are blaming entire company over the actions of one dealer?

Reply to
mleuck

ADT recruits these slobs, knowing full well the kind of low-life, lying scum they're working with so, yes, they are to blame. It's the same thing with Monitr... oh, forget it.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I have both Facebook and Orkut accounts under my own name. Sign on to either one and send a friend request.

It's a shame we can't keep them out. They ruin the neighborhood. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Yes, because it's not just one dealer. I've heard numerous stories like that.

The new Brinks (Broadview) commercials have sunk to a newer low IMO. I see those and want to scream to *someone* that this is so unethical. I just don't know who gives a shit anymore.

Reply to
G. Morgan

:

You've heard "stories", remember that

Nothing wrong with the new Brodaview or old Brinks commercials, they show what a security system does nothing more, try paying for a minute spot on TV nationwide and see how much information you can try putting into the thing

Reply to
mleuck

It's the same with a number of other companies. I've heard numerous tales of woe from people victimized by Monitronics and its dealers. These companies don't care about ethics or anything else -- just building that RMR.

No one in those companies cares. Brinks / Broadview, ADT, Monitronics... they're all trash.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

It figures Leuck would say that.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

The only thing accurate about that last statement is you spelled everyone's name correctly

Reply to
mleuck

No one in those companies cares. Brinks / Broadview, ADT, Monitronics... they're all trash.

Master baiter strikes again.

Reply to
alarman

Don't say that or Frank will come back and whine about the group going back to the way it was again

Reply to
mleuck

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

RHC: Having worked for many years in a large corporation, I may have a different perspective than many. It's not that individuals within the corporation don't care - most are genuinely concerned about doing a good job, but they have limited ability to affect change in the area of larger matters that may be ethical in nature. If a large corporation acts in an uncaring or unethical manner, the blame can only be laid at the feet of upper management, who either don't care, or are so removed from the front lines that they don't realize what is going on. Most upper management today are only concerned about short term gain since they regularly jump ship to another company that they see as being better able to advance their careers. So the end result is there is no one minding the ship over the longer term, and things ultimately degenerate to the lowest common denominator. This is inherent in all large companies in all industries unfortunately.

There IS hope on the horizon. Many MBA management programs are beginning to emphasize the importance of ethical actions that must go along with looking at the bottom line. Many graduates now swear an oath of sorts that they will only do business in an ethical manner. This may be window dressing; however, it is in keeping with the trend today towards the public's growing concern for environmental and other natural issues. If ethical issues become a public concern, large companies WILL change to meet these challenges, but not by themselves with today's management types...

This might be one reason why small business is generally so much more receptive to customer concerns. There is no bureaucracy to stand in the way of common sense,or fair decisions, with the customer breathing in your face. The owner is "in the store" so to speak and can go straight to the heart of any problem. Given the huge bureaucracy's inherent in companies like ADT and Brinks, it's amazing that their customers get any kind of service at all (it probably has more to do with the caring quality of their internal staff than it has to do with proper management....)

Large companies ultimately end up becoming their own worst enemies.....

Reply to
tourman

t's amazing that their

On the face of it that statement is absurd, I'm not a fan of either company but they have excellent service departments

Can when you look at GE or General Motors be but compared to other companies ADT and Brink aren't that large and many of the takeovers I did were the result of smaller companies that took forever to service an account or went out of business

Reply to
mleuck

it's amazing that their

RHC: If they do, it's certainly not because of their upper management (All Dead at the Top). And I can't speak for Brinks, but ADT in our area is terrible. That's why all the smaller dealers are busy doing takeovers. With an attrition rate of 22 % locally, it's not wonder...

RHC: I agree. This is not a case of small guys against the big guys. Lots of small companies suck big time. But bureaucratic rules and regulations end up causing large companies to fall down almost as a matter of course. Sad part is with all the human resources at their disposal, they SHOULD be able to do much better. It all starts and ends at the top......

Reply to
tourman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.