Crapco going factory direct

Napco told Alarmax rep they are only going to be selling there products factory direct any one else here this

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

I'll call Dave Sheffey tomorrow and ask him. I do know their boxes have had a toll free number on them for a while saying if your local distributor doesn't have stock call.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

P.S. Napco is good stuff. Kinda strange to figure out sometimes, but works.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I like Napco for two primary reasons. First, the stuff lasts forever. Second, it's extremely flexible. You can make the panels do just about anything but dance.

Someone posted something to the effect that Napco was planning on going dealer direct. I certainly hope they don't for obvious reasons.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Selling direct hasn't seemed to hurt GE distributors

Reply to
mleuck

That's not an issue for me either.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I just got off the phone with Dave Sheffey w/ Napco. They are not going factory direct. Its not in the short term or long term plans. Occasionally in an emergency situation or to get a product into the hands of a dealer in order to save a customer they will send a product to a dealer on a one time basis. Even my builder program panels come through a distributor usually. For good dealers they will sometimes send free support items or a free evaluation item, but they do not sell dealer direct.

I did get the impression (just my impression) that he was not surprised somebody at Alarmax said that though.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Do you think there's a rift between them and Alarmax?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I really would not know. I don't have anybody at Alarmax I'm all that in touch with, and Dave has been so good to me I wouldn't put him on the spot by asking.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Y3jDWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

Could be that there's a credit problem.

Reply to
Jim

Could be. Don't blame me though. I just paid off my Alarmax bill. LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.