Compass Software

My compass software does not show Vista 10P as an option. I just upgraded off My Web Tech to the most current version and it still isn't there. Any suggestions? Thanks.... Allan Been really busy!

Reply to
Allan Waghalter
Loading thread data ...

Try First Alert FA130 versions.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Jim's correct, if you installed the First Alert personality file it changes the designation to an FA130CP, it also changes a few of the Vista-128's amd Lynx panels

Won't change any of the uploaded information

Reply to
mleuck

Jim, FA130CP worked... Thanks again for all your help. Allan

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

my stupid Compass decide not to initiated the modem any more...pssing me off big time. My other modem works on the same comport...Ademco, no help.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Try defaulting the modem using hyperterminal.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I've seen that happen before, it could be the modem, what are you using?

Reply to
mleuck

I did that, the Echo returned is unintelligible characters no matter what I have hyperterminal set for...even my second CIA modem does the same. It WILL dial out from hyperterminal but that's about it. 2 modems, separate sets of cables all same nothing results. The com port 1 works fine when I plug a different modem (not CIA) into it with same cables.

Reinstalled Compass...no joy.

Driving me nuts.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

One old CIA, then a brand new one. Two different sets of cables. Ademco says my com port is bad, but if I plug an entirely different modem in with same cables that works fine.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Go into BIOS and see what the com port is set to.

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Try a different computer

Reply to
mleuck

It's the modem, unfortunately there usually isn't a fix, I've seen that happen with older Hayes when they go out. They still work on DSC and GE but won't on Ademco

Reply to
mleuck

I downloaded a PC5020 v3.2 today. It was connected to a VoIP line. I tried the Ademco CIA, and PM1200SA Mini...no go. I finally broke out the MD12, and sure enough, that did the trick.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

His com port works fine with another device so that's not it.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Yeah...just check the settings anyway. He might also want to go into the com port advanced settings and turn the receive & transmit buffers all the way down to Low.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

My bet the reason you were able to do that is because the MD12 connects at a higher 625 baud on DSC panels whereas the other two modems will only connect at around 110. All Power-series panels after the PC5010 v1 will transfer at that higher rate

Reply to
mleuck

I don't think I've ever had to do anything with those settings

Reply to
mleuck

The Compass modem is a rebranded Starcomm modem which while good doesn't compare in my opinion to an old Hayes Smartmodem Optima 2400, that and a 1200 is about all I ever used.

Reply to
mleuck

I'm thinking it may actually be a bios issue now...its an old machine (Dell Optiplex G260) and there may have been an update in the bios to accommodate XP Pro SP3 changes.

I actually got it to half work with USB/Serial port adapter but although it will dial and handshake with remote panel it won't communicate and eventually hangs up....probably a timing issue since it's not the Ademco "approved" adapter they recommend.

This looks like it will be my adventure for the next few days.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Mark...one is old and was working, the second one is brand new...besides they are both half-working now...see other replies.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.