Newbie requests assistance on alarm selection

I am considering a Honeywell/Ademco Vista 20 PI (non monitored to start. I intend to add some wireless features to it later.

My question is.... Is this a good system to use? My homework seems to say its satisfactory. I will be installing it myself ( analytical enough with electronics to pull it off with minimum help I think ).

Any of you experienced with systems that can give me any pros or cons would be appreciated.

Reply to
WifeyFan
Loading thread data ...

The Vista-20P is an excellent system. I sell hundreds of them to DIYers. Installation is no more difficult than any hybrid wired / wireless system on the market. Programming (one area where many DIYers ask for tech support) it is fairly easy just using the keypad. Honeywell's Compass software (a free download) makes it even easier. Unfortunately, the recommended Honeywell "CIA" modem is a bit overpriced. Reality is you don't need the software though.

The "PI" version offers the capability of Internet monitoring should you decide to implement that down the road. There are questions about the security of Internet-based monitoring, but it's still an intriguing possibility.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Question - What are the differences between the Ademco 8132 Symphony Touch Screen Keypad and the 6270 Graphic Keypad?

Any thoughts on why I should pick either? Rather big difference in price on the two isnt there?

Reply to
WifeyFan

Other than the practically useless Internet connection the major difference is the 8132 is color whereas the 6270 is black & white.

I'd get the 6270. There isn't enough value added to merit spending the extra money on the 8132.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.