First Alert Panels

Hi,

I'm familiar with alarm systems and installed my own Visonic at home last year. We're going to be moving soon and are going to have a hardwired alarm installed.

The installer said that it's a First Alert panel, number FA-168. From what I read, people say it's just a rebranded Vista 20p, and others say it isn't. I'm wondering what Vista panel it is (if it is rebranded), and what the different First Alert panel numbers are. For example, he said it was a FA-168, but I see a FA-168CPS, FA-168C, etc. Just curious what the differences between the models are, and if there is additional information that can be found about them. The first alert site doesn't really go in depth and says 'contact your installer'. A matrix of different models would be nice for us technical people (ie: me) .

Thanks in advanced.

Reply to
Mike W.
Loading thread data ...

The FA-168CPS is a later version with CP01 compliant false alarm reduction standards enabled.

Reply to
mleuck

Thanks for the response. Is the FA-168 a Vista 20p, but only "First Alert" branded?

Reply to
Mike W.

A slightly modified Vista-20P although programming is identical, if I recall standard Honeywell/Ademco keypads don't work on it

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.