CCTV Cameras

It does exist.

Reply to
Jackcsg
Loading thread data ...

At least you have a good sense of humor.

I think most here understand what you're saying. I'm sure the quality is quite good, however the application is extremely limited. Probably more so as a video badging station for access control cards, not so much surveillance applications. Might even be good in the automation processing world. Just not practical as a CCTV replacement. Best of luck.

Reply to
Jackcsg

X-No-Archive [quote=www.londoncctv.com] Hello - You ask the following:

Will you find a 1000' USB cable for each camera?

Ther is no need for a long usb cable between the camera and the laptop/pc -as the images can be stored on a wireless network computer on another part of the premises.

In a few months time (say by November 2005) you should be able to purchase a wireless transmitter that will send the images direct to the pc without any cable.

[/quote]

Wireless video is unreliable and quality and frame rate is slow. And as of a few years ago you can buy wireless transmitters to send images to your PC without any cable.

[quote=www.londoncctv.com] What about day night? See the images on the website and decide for yourself - you can almost see the veins in the leaves on the trees - you can't get more detail than that.
formatting link

At night, you need a separate motion detector light of 1,000 watts to illuminate the camera scene.

[/quote]

The images you posted show absolutely nothing at night besides the people right in front of the flash.

[quote=www.londoncctv.com] Are these cameras weather resistant or vandal resistant?

Yes - if you house them in an external housing, although personally I prefer to position a digital stills camera inside a property looking through the window. Then it is less noticeable and there is no need to worry about vandals or the weather.

[/quote]

Putting a camera inside the property looking out the window is useless for 99.9999 % of CCTV applications.

[quote=www.londoncctv.com] Do they have a 5 year unbreakable warranty?

I don't know - you can look on the Canon website. Some tests by PC Professional magazine have shown that even if you drop a Canon digital camera on the floor several times, the case may break but it will still work.

[/quote]

So they are not

[quote=www.londoncctv.com] Can they see 500' in pitch dark? Yes - provided you illuminate the camera scene with a motion detector light. [/quote]

When i say pitch dark, i mean no regular lighting, lets try Infrared, they are not designed for that, like ExtremeCCTV.com is.

[quote=www.londoncctv.com] Can I install one in my motion detector?

There's no need - you can download a simple software utility that will enable you to set up trigger spots on the live viewfinder display on the desktop, which will trigger the camera as soon as the pixels under the trigger spots change. [/quote]

Im talking hidden cameras, all DVRs have motion detection built in its nothing new, but lets see you fit that still camera into an alarm motion detector or smoke detector for covert operations.

[quote=www.londoncctv.com] Can I roll over it in my SUV?

Yes - but in that case you may be taking snapshots of a clear blue sky.

[/quote]

What I was emphasising is that still cameras are not vandal resistant.

Once again i invite you to discuss your ideas with us over at:

formatting link
- all ideas are welcomed.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

garbage website that I don't know where to start. Suffice to say, I've been involved in the design of many high-end video systems for customer with nearly unlimited resources. These people would laugh at your ideas.

I think your understanding of the modern CCTV industry is less than perfect. The regs here who do high end CCTV work understand what your trying to say, but we also realize that your product has very little real world application. First of all, check out this product:

formatting link
It's a very high tech application of some of your concepts in a real world applicable product. Second of all, realize that the company I work for probably sells and installs for CCTV that any company on the planet. I've personally designed CCTV systems for every branch of the US Armed Forces, a whole alphabet soup of federal agencies, and a laundry list of major corporations. Believe me when I say your ideas are not practical, especially for outdoor security where lighting and weather conditions can be less than ideal. Third of all, realize that posting ads on a Usenet newsgroup without any technical merit is a great way to become unpopular real fast.

Reply to
J. Sloud

Heh... You're arguing with a guy that goes by the name of "Spam Spade".

"Who-is" for londoncctv.com:

Registrant: Spam Spade

1 London Street W2 London W2 United Kingdom

Registered through: GoDaddy.com

formatting link
Name: LONDONCCTV.COM Created on: 25-Mar-02 Expires on: 25-Mar-06 Last Updated on: 16-May-05

Administrative Contact: Riley, John snipped-for-privacy@mail.com Spam Spade

1 London Street London W2 United Kingdom 0207-221-3844 Technical Contact: Riley, John snipped-for-privacy@mail.com Spam Spade 1 London Street London W2 United Kingdom 0207-221-3844

Domain servers in listed order: PARK3.SECURESERVER.NET PARK4.SECURESERVER.NET

Registry Status: REGISTRAR-LOCK

Reply to
Frank Olson

Not in high quality though, it is compressed for wireless networking.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

"Not true. We use an Ethernet bridge which transmits images at 30 frames per second (NTSC), as well as two-way audio codec at the same time, TCP/IP. Has a range of up to 15 miles, license free.We can even control light relays(up to 500), and alarm inputs (up to 500), over the same bridge, simultaneously. "

For true (non networked) high quality wireless video visit:

formatting link

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Not true. We use an Ethernet bridge which transmits images at 30 frames per second (NTSC), as well as two-way audio codec at the same time, TCP/IP. Has a range of up to 15 miles, license free.We can even control light relays(up to 500), and alarm inputs (up to 500), over the same bridge, simultaneously.

Reply to
Jackcsg

Really? The installation seems to tell a different story. No Rory, it's not Wi Fi, or 802.11x. It's 900 MHz spread spectrum, point to point. There's no degraded quality difference between being on a 100 Base-T, or the bridge. The camera functions the same, at the same quality.

Reply to
Jackcsg

It's a great unit if you like being limited. How can you do two-way audio, alarm inputs, video, PTZ, and throw a few relays for some high voltage quick strike lighting with this unit?

Reply to
Jackcsg

It is the only Type of Wireless recommended for CCTV, it is high quality non networked real motion video, just like you are sitting in front of the camera.

IP is still very limited. In fact, all wireless video is limited and you should ONLY use wireless for video transmission if it is the absolute last resort.

You dont need relays as this is simply video. They have PTZ versions.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

" No Rory, it's not Wi Fi, or 802.11x. It's 900 MHz spread spectrum, point to point. There's no degraded quality difference between being on a 100 Base-T, or the bridge. The camera functions the same, at the same quality. "

If it is video over network then it IS degraded video.

900Mhz 15 miles, yeah right!
Reply to
cctvbahamas

I know whats out there, seen it, used it, been there, done it. Recently changed out a few Wireless IP systems due to interference, and low quality video in highest mode.

Network Video = Degraded IMAGE QUALITY - didn't say speed. Lower the quality and you get higher speed, thats simple.

Network cameras will never work here. As you should know, they are still rarely used by CCTV "professionals" in most parts of the world, and for good reasons I wont post here. Mostly DIYers and PC guys are using them. If you want High quality recordings you cannot use IP cameras. The same goes for installers that use PC based DVRs and set the record quality on low, or use low resolution CCTV cameras.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

I dont know what industry you are talking about, Im talking about CCTV.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Why would I use IP when I use twisted pair gear like NVT and Nitek, and use Amplified Gear, which tie right into my rack mount DVR servers. They come in expandable rack mount gear for 100% flexebility. And then I get real high crisp quality. DVRs are expanable simply by adding more cards. With the current IP technology DVRs will not get replaced. We also use Network software that can view thousands of DVRs and cameras, and record remotely if needed, with still having a DVR at the location which is recording in high quality. Also we can view IP cameras if we need to.

Wireless should always be used as a last resort, for any application. Wired will always be more reliable, especially with video.

Care to discuss it more we have many threads on this over at:

formatting link
- I dont wish to discuss it anymore on an "alarm" forum.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

You have to get off that little island someday and discover what's really out there!

30 Frames per second. What part of that is degraded? 15 miles line of site. 1.5 Mbps bridged ethernet connection. You could take over the Island with Network Cameras!
Reply to
Jackcsg

Rory,

The highest end of this industry is doing a lot of IP video right now, both wireless and hardwired. Your market doesn't seem to warrant the use of this technology, so I'm not suprised you don't know much about it. As CCTV becomes even more integrated into facility control, IP is the natural common infrastructure. In the coming years, IP video will become more mainstreamed and NVR's and RVR's will replace DVR's as the industry standard more medium to highend applications.

There are some very high-end wireless and wired IP products designed for the security market. Here's one of the most advanced:

formatting link
Here's another:
formatting link

You claim that wireless is limted and should only be used as a last resort. Why? Boviously, the type of products influences the answer to this question. At the highest end of the market, these wireless products may be more reliable than wired systems. They are certianly more flexible and powerful.

J.

Reply to
J. Sloud

"Jackcsg" a écrit dans le message de news: G-CdndQPCos2_Y snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com...

I can just picture this..our friend in the bahamas in front of his monitor and saying...one day i will rule the bahamas!!wait till all my wireless cam work..i will control the whole country...(follow a mad laught)... ;-)

Reply to
petem

I can send a Network camera over 5,000 feet with a single pair as well. Except instead of just one camera at the end I could put five or six cameras.

Same with IP, only you don't have the same flexibility, you have distance limits, and a closed circuit.

The quality over IP is as good, if not better than a conventional camera.

DVRs are expanable simply by adding more

Our DVR can record up to 50 cameras at a time, with no Capture Cards.

With the current IP technology DVRs will not get replaced. We

We can do the same with both audio and video over IP.

Wireless bridging will become faster and faster as time goes on. It is as reliable as wired, without the expensive costs of trenching, and a labor intensive/expensive install.

Reply to
Jackcsg

Then it flew over your head as it went learning by....

Reply to
Jackcsg

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.