?? on Cerberus pyrotronix addressable system

Hello everone that addressable system i am taking out and replacing had a set of terminals marked CZM and set of wires attached to it but i cant seem to find just what the hell they went to and what there purpose was for. . any clues? got first 2 floors done and woking but get an ocassional missing pull station on the SK5700 due to some bad wires i need to replace. but otherwise is working well.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz
Loading thread data ...

CZM = conventional zone module

There may be a remote controller to connect to sprinkler riser(s)?

Reply to
mbbaker

It's an addressible loop. I hope you're replacing this puppy with something that's compatible with the smoke detectors out there (and has an addressible loop). You're going to need compatible modules for this part of it as well...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Frank, SK devices that are addressable are "encoded"- smokes and Heats- by the control panel- but relays , input modules, pull stations are dip switch addressed, as well as BUS devices such as keypads, expanders etc Mike S.

Reply to
Mike Sokoly

doing a complete replacement with sk 5700 system

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

Then you've "covered", Nick. It's obvious you've already considered the old "Pyro" panel uses addressable devices. The 5700 isn't ULC approved as yet (at least I haven't seen it in Canada). From the manual, many of the modules have the same "footprint" as the System Sensor ones, only they're using dip switches to set the address. Are they, in fact, made by them, or is "SK" doing something completely different??

Reply to
Frank Olson

The smoke and heat detectors I believe are manufactured by Hochiki for Silent Knight.and are the same as other Silent Knight addressable panels such as the 5808 & the 5820, the addressable input and and addressable relay modules are probably also manufactured by Hochiki.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Wow... That's sounds very similar to Edwards Signature series devices. I'll have to read up on the 5700 some more... Thanks, Mike.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Absolutely Right, Doug Other Addressable devices look like their made by System Sensor. But plain Hochiki addressable smokes and Heats ARE NOT Compatable with SK Panels Here's another tip - SK's proprietary Panel (Farenhyt) (yeah they have us in their best interests, don't they!)-if u ever do a takeover -THE DEVICES are the same as SK devices they just renumber the part #- just swap the panel ( IFP-series) put in an SK (5280, 5808, 5700) and your good. Sell the panel back to the Proprietary Installer or some other "AUTHORIZED" Farenhyt dealer. Mike S

Reply to
Mike Sokoly

One of these days hopefully some one will come out with a universal adressable module which works on a majority of panels like stret smart came out with the key fobs and break up this whole bullshit thing.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

Continuing its the same old bullshit FCI and notifier uses system sensor smokes which are same ones used by Fire Lite uses they wont talk to each other because of a software difference

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.