Brinks v Rojas Update Request

it is a module that is added to certain manufacturers equipment. not an all in one keypad. you must already have an alarm system, this just adds to it. like a cell backup on steroids. they only interface with certain manufacturers though. mainly GE I think.

Reply to
Disco
Loading thread data ...

RHC: Ok, thanks...good to know. I can always change out this customer's equipment from the 1738 Paradox Spectra to a DSC Power 832, which is basically equivalent if they do support that more common make of equipment. They are not very specific on their website; however, I'll wait until next week when hopefully I get a response. I do notice they have dealers in Canada, so if the client opts for this solution, I will lose the customer, but at least he'll get what he should have researched for before he bought (he asked every other conceivable question though...) C'est la vie !!

I also want to know what they have to offer to conventional alarm companies like my own. I'll let you guys know what they come back with. If we can simply add a module to the panel and use existing equipment, PLUS give the client all these high tech options at a reasonable price, that would really be great. I do remain suspicious for the moment though.....if it sounds too simple and good to be true, it usually is....:((

Reply to
tourman

The diverter thingy? I bought a few just to see if the claims was true. I tried on Brinks, and it worked on the 1000, 2000 and 3000 just fine. I have yet got my hands on a 4000 panel to try it on.

formatting link
I heard you can use a Moose Z1100P programmer to takeover Brinks panels. Does anyone know for sure? I have about 75 of these panels I have pulled out over the years. It would be nice to put them to good use. Here in Louisana people just can't afford to replace their panels. After Katrina, Brinks left thousands of customers high & dry.

Little Boy Blue

tourman wrote:

it is a module that is added to certain manufacturers equipment. not an all in one keypad. you must already have an alarm system, this just adds to it. like a cell backup on steroids. they only interface with certain manufacturers though. mainly GE I think.

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

There are panels which allow a dealer to provide limited access to things like the event log to the end user. The ELK-M1G comes to the dealer standard with free downloading software but there's a separate app which can be provided to the end user for remote access to his home automation system.

Actually, Omni is the HAI line. IMO ELK is a better option for you since you can give the client what he's asking for without worrying abouyt changes to critical data. Sinc I sell ELK (and HAI) direct to DIY end users, neither is a problem. I provide them with full access to program and control their systems by keypad, LAN or over the Internet.

Not only their panels, but their software is also expensive. Unfortunately, HAI makes it hard for dealers to compete since their distributors sell online directly to the public. For these and other reasons I usually recommend ELK. Also, I'm ELK authorized. They frequently refer clients to me.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I don't see why you would lose the customer. It is like a cell back up and any dealer can sell it to him. even you, if you sign up as a dealer. You may have to use GE panel though.

it works where pagers work. check coverage here

formatting link

Reply to
Disco

I don't see why you would lose the customer. It is like a cell back up and any dealer can sell it to him. even you, if you sign up as a dealer. You may have to use GE panel though.

RHC: I'm only interested in providing my services for DSC and Paradox equipment. I even turn Ademco away. Taking on another line of equipment to service one single customer is not a wise business decision. Better I turn the client over to someone who can service him properly.....

We do that within the ranks of a lot of small independant dealers up here. I give away 2 to 5 or so Ademco ADT takeovers a month to others, who often reciprocate when they don't want to takeover Paradox panels. Nothing unusual about that around here. Makes more sense to work together for the benefit of the client rather than against each other.....

I'm trying to do my best for this client, but I don't think it will be enough....you win some; you lose some....

Reply to
tourman

can't teach an old dog new tricks?

Reply to
Disco

Can't teach an old dog new tricks?

RHC: Yeah, something like that ! Plus, I'm not too "hungry" for new business anymore. Service work keeps me just busy enough....

I installed an Ademco system many years ago in my home and it was a POS (XM 4111). So when I got in the business, I just decided not to handle that line of gear. Besides, two lines is enough to keep me as busy as I want to be. It might be a challenge to take on the ELK line of gear, but I don't need major challenges any more; just rest.....sigh......

Reply to
tourman

So you started out as a DIYer? That explains why you care so much about doing it right.

As to challenges, ELK is really no more complex to install than any other. It just offers more features and options which you can elect to use or not at your discretion. The ELK software is east to master, even for old DIYers like us, Bob. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

i believe it was katrina that did that. and "thousands"?? how do you know this? how can you be sure Brinks left ANYONE "high and dry"? do you know what they are or are NOT doing for all of those people? let's see some stats....where's your proof?

Reply to
BDEBJ

Now you are sounding more like a lurking lawyer, or someone that works for Brinks in some capacity. Check and see if you need a refill of your meds. I hear Walmart is offering $4 refills. :)

Alex In Wonderland

i believe it was katrina that did that. and "thousands"?? how do you know this? how can you be sure Brinks left ANYONE "high and dry"? do you know what they are or are NOT doing for all of those people? let's see some stats....where's your proof?

Reply to
Anonymous

Odds are he's a Brinks saleschmuck.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

The equipment is compatible with GE Simon, Concord and Caddx panels and is in my opinion one of the best additions that can be made to a system.

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Gee I recall someone getting sued for something like this....just can't remember who

Reply to
Mark Leuck

You can still get those? Down here it's only PC1616, PC1832, and PC1864. No Maxsys, No PC580, No PC

1555MX, noth>> tourman wrote:
Reply to
Roland More

I installed an Ademco system many years ago in my home and it was a

RHC: Oh no you don't.....you're not dragging me in to that old red herring.....:))

Maybe the XM4111 only seemed like a POS because I didn't know what I was doing and messed it up.....or ....maybe the DIY experience was enough to teach me that I needed to work for Via Security for a few years and "experiment" on their customers before I got into professional installations....or.......maybe it was so easy and I enjoyed it so much, I thought this would be a good way to make a living...

Which one was it ?.....I'll never tell....:))

RHC

Reply to
tourman

Yup. Here in California, gun sales are restricted, but we can buy just about any panel we want.

Reply to
shotgun boogie

nope, but it IS true that you are a DICK!! i don't mind anyone slamming any company when things might actually be true, but this other guy has no clue what he's talkng about....kinda like you, he just says shit, hoping that someone will believe it, and that no one will call him out on it.

Reply to
BDEBJ

bingo

Reply to
Disco

I guess Doug Marshall doesn't schedule classes in his neck of the woods? I don't know why not, they even have them in Arkansas of all places.

Wenesday, October 3rd

8:00am - 12:00pm

Vista-15P - 4CEU

Wenesday, October 3rd

1:00am - 5:00pm

Compass software - 4CEU

Thursday, October 5th

8:00am - 12:00pm

6271C Color touchscreen - 4CEU

4205 South Shackleford Road

Suite E

Little Rock, Arkansas 72204

Reply to
Roland More

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.