Re: Brinks BHS2000D Hack

Read between the lines my friend. We really have no interest in taking over Brinks panels. But as long as Brinks thinks we do, that enough to keep us all entertained.

Brinks is permitted to violate certain US antitrust laws by offering systems that require an external programmer, that they only have access to. This is grossly prejudicially against any alarm dealer or DIY'er. We all know that Brinks does not service any panel they don't monitor. So their statement that you can buy their paperweight for $500 is an all out deceptive lie. So by educating the masses on how to reprogram their systems, Brinks would no longer be in violation of such antitrust, or anticompetitive laws.

ADT was smart enough to realize this and stopped using proprietary systems years ago for good reason. Any dealer can takeover their SW2000 & SW3000 series panels.

As I stated in other posts, Brinks does not have a presence in many countries because it doesn't feel they have to follow fair competition rules. Canada just adopted some new rules which work against Brinks and how they force customers into submission.

Careful, Big Brother Brinks is watching.

Angry Man In Gauteng

y'know, i have no bias one way or the other with brinks, but you guys sure seem to spend alot of time and energy trying to "hack" systems, or steal away their customers!! you think that maybe if you spent that time and energy trying to please your customers, they wouldn't run off and join brinks??? you guys seem alot more interested in them, than they are of you! i don't think brinks (as well as ADT and P1) would be as big as they are if they were not doing SOMETHING right!! right or wrong, they have a formula that works. yes, they have deep pockets, but how do you think they got those deep pockets?? it wasn't by bitching about the little guy!!!! wait, that's it.. you guys must have the "little guy" complex!!! make the customers happy, and maybe, just maybe you'll grow up to have pockets just as deep as the other companies.

Reply to
Anonymous Sender
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.