How To Hack A Brinks Security System

Check it out. A 10 Year Old hacks into a Brinks Security System.

formatting link
Videoman In New Jersey

Reply to
Nomen Nescio
Loading thread data ...

Like I'm sure Brinks is really worried.

Reply to
Frank Olson

No, this is what they are worried about:

formatting link
the other scummy things being done by the fake apex alarm out of provo utah. More about all this is at the real http:apexalarm.com site.

Frank Ols>

Reply to
Nick Lawrence

correction:

Reply to
Nick Lawrence

What Brinks failed to mention is that these so called bad guys are either former employees or brinks dealers. Brinks is stupid to think that authorized dealers have any loyalty towards them at all. It's all about money. Brinks gave them all the knowledge and tools needed to takeover their systems.

From what I have heard, this is becoming a nationwide issue. The only way brinks can stop this from happening is to remote download all systems and take away the manuals and field programmers each technician now has.

I am no fan of brinks, but they did this to themselves.

Angry Man In Guateng

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Wow, kid learns what red and black wires do, I hardly call that a hack

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I am sure it was meant as a joke. It was kind of cute to see a kid figure out something brinks may consider confidential information.

Afterall, it's not rocket science. Right RLB?

Pittsburgh Steeler Fan

Wow, kid learns what red and black wires do, I hardly call that a hack

I am no fan of brinks, but they did this to themselves.

Angry Man In Guateng

Reply to
Anonymous Sender

A customer would have to be kinda numb to let a alarm company just show up at the door un announced...but I can understand how this shit can happen...'cause it happened to me (another company representing themselves as us trying to steal my clients).

Reply to
Crash Gordon

no, you "failed to mention" that you are making shit up. these are not "former employees" or "dealers"!!! these guys are from utah, and employ college students to go door to door, and do this crap, and it's not just brinks...there are SEVERAL companies having problems with this ONE company!! and yes, it's becoming a nationwide problem.

Reply to
BDEBJ

I have seen customers switched from one provider to another numerous times within a short time. It turned out that the salespeople were selling the same accounts to several account buyers at the same time. By the time they got wind of what was going on, the 2nd & 3rd companies were out lots of money. This kind of thing still goes on. The only difference is now they are licensed to do it now. Nothing has changed, except that police officers and fire fighters have been taken out of the side job market.

Authorized dealers have the best racket. They sell accounts to Monitronics, ADT, Brinks, etc. After the contract has been completed, they go back and switch the account back to a friendly competitor, and the friend competitor does the same thing, or they resell the account to another unsuspecting buyer, and take the account back yet again.

You can't make a living with $99 systems. Brinks still thinks they can. So as long as they keep on playing this silly game, dealers will do whatever they have to just to survive.

Pittburgh Steeler Fan

A customer would have to be kinda numb to let a alarm company just show up at the door un announced...but I can understand how this shit can happen...'cause it happened to me (another company representing themselves as us trying to steal my clients).

-- Crash Gordon -------ouch------

Reply to
Anonymous

I think that is just one case that happened to get local news attention. He does have a point about the possibility that other situations may have been switched over by former Brinks employees or dealers. It's possible. With over

1 million existing Brinks accounts out there, they are ripe for the taking. Brinks however does the same exact thing. They takeover Ademco, DSC, and other systems all the time. They don't swap panels unless it is locked out, or if their local branch manager insists on the board change out.

Pittsburgh Steeler Fan

no, you "failed to mention" that you are making shit up. these are not "former employees" or "dealers"!!! these guys are from utah, and employ college students to go door to door, and do this crap, and it's not just brinks...there are SEVERAL companies having problems with this ONE company!! and yes, it's becoming a nationwide problem.

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

you are wrong....they do not take over other panels. there is not one panel monitored by brinks that is not a brinks panel!!! the motherboard and keypad is ALWAYS switched out...no exceptions.

Reply to
BDEBJ

do some research before you respond!!! apex uses their OWN keypads and motherboard!!! they do not take over brinks equipment and brinks does not take over anyone elses!!! not too bright are ya?!?!

Reply to
BDEBJ

We had that going on here with sevral people one guy ended up in jail on bad checks of all things.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

Motherboard? Its an alarm system, not a desktop computer you dick head.

Brinks needs to better educate their customers instead of running away after they sign on the dotted line.

Pittsburgh Steeler Fan

do some research before you respond!!! apex uses their OWN keypads and motherboard!!! they do not take over brinks equipment and brinks does not take over anyone elses!!! not too bright are ya?!?!

Reply to
Anonymous

I see. So what you are saying is that Brinks actively engages in Tortious Interference of their competitors customers and toss out their equipment? Is that it?

I hope APX takes over every damn brinks account on the planet. But I hope they do it slowly, so I can keep a score chart. Its about time brinks gets whats coming to them.

I saw both sides of the brinks & APX scandal. Brinks cries foul when it hurts their bottom line. Yet the rest of us are suppose to just accept losing one to brinks? HAHAHA

Angry Man In Gauteng

you are wrong....they do not take over other panels. there is not one panel monitored by brinks that is not a brinks panel!!! the motherboard and keypad is ALWAYS switched out...no exceptions.

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Apex uses standard Lynx panels with some Vista-15P's

Reply to
Mark Leuck

yes, motherboard....still not too bright huh??

Reply to
BDEBJ

sorry, what i meant is they bring their own stuff to the install...they don't use the brinks motherboard or keypads they pull out all of the brinks equipment

Reply to
BDEBJ

"Mark Leuck" a écrit dans le message de news:

46ffa0e2$0$24253$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com...

I wonder if the kid will be receive news from the Brinks head office,after all he proved that the keypad is powered by dc voltage,and that's surely a trade secret!!! ;-)

Reply to
Petem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.