Vista-20 power down

I have recently powered down Vista-20 by disconnecting the AC. After re-connecting the control panel does not display anything. I have tried

*#, but it did not help. Any idea what can be wrong?
Reply to
Bidek
Loading thread data ...

Maybe you fried the transformer. Do you have voltage at the power terminals?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

The buttons are illuminated and it beeps are power on, so the power must be on. Should I follow any special power on procedures? Any lock codes? Thanks

Reply to
Bidek

AC power on Battery connected.

The keypad may be not addressed correctly. How many keypads are on the system?

Do you have a programming sheet?

First keypad on a Vista 20 is addr, 16.

• and # upon power up should show you "20" if the system is not locked. If you don't have a programming sheet DO NOT DO ANYTHING HERE...just *99 to get out of programming mode. If you don't see a 20 then panel is locked.
Reply to
Crash Gordon

There are 2 keypads on the system. I have the progamming sheet (that's how I got in trouble in the first place) After power on, the panel displays 2188 for a second then it goes blank. When I press *# I can see 2188 being displayed again. Any idea?? Thanks!!!!

Reply to
Bidek

ack yer right...I've been doing so many Ps lately

| > The keypad may be not addressed correctly. How many keypads are on the | > system? | >

| >

| > Do you have a programming sheet? | >

| > First keypad on a Vista 20 is addr, 16. | | Nope, first keypad on a Vista-20 is 31, all keypads are at address 31. | | You are referring to the Vista-20P | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

on keypad power up press 1&3 and make sure the keypad address is set for 31. if it is just * out, if not set it for 31 and star out.

2188? are you saying it's displaying 02, 01, 08, 08 if so that's your installer code. I've never seen a 4 digit display upon *# on power up...Mark L. would know more.

| > > The keypad may be not addressed correctly. How many keypads are on the | > > system? | > >

| > >

| > > Do you have a programming sheet? | > >

| > > First keypad on a Vista 20 is addr, 16. | >

| > Nope, first keypad on a Vista-20 is 31, all keypads are at address 31. | >

| > You are referring to the Vista-20P | There are 2 keypads on the system. I have the progamming sheet (that's | how I got in trouble in the first place) | After power on, the panel displays 2188 for a second then it goes | blank. | When I press *# I can see 2188 being displayed again. | Any idea?? | Thanks!!!! |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I figured it out, the panels were set to 17 and 18. I changed the first one to 16 and it worked. Thanks for your help!!!

Reply to
Bidek

Nope, first keypad on a Vista-20 is 31, all keypads are at address 31.

You are referring to the Vista-20P

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yer welcome.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.