Bass Burhglar Alarms

Actually, I think Bahia is the same time zone as The Bahamas.

Working and getting ready to move. Major changes are going on with my family.

Reply to
robertlbass
Loading thread data ...

I never asked for your forgiveness nor did I offer forgiveness to you. Your continual vendetta against me has brought you repeated chastisement from numerous regulars and visitors. I'll post about security alarms and politely answer questions. I suggest you do the same.

You don't speak for "everyone here".

I suggest you let it go permanently. The newsgroup will be better for it.

browser (if you're using IE).

My browsers (IE, Netscape and Firefox) all show my pages without any problems.

that you're cruising a "secure site".

Those messages are generated by your browser.

Reply to
robertlbass

I think you better recheck that... Your's ends in ".com".

Just make darn sure that when you post the link to *your* website, it ends with ".com". Otherwise you're liable to confuse the heck out of me.

It's been that way for over eight months.

Good. Perhaps another long "hiatus" will help. Come back sometime next year!! :-))

I can't wait.

Like I said, enable the security settings in your IE and you'll see what I mean... I notice that with Mozilla's Firefox you don't get those error messages. I'll have to check on the default settings and get backt to you.

Nope. Ruled that out about a year ago when we upgraded to some pretty "hot" equipment. I'm building a new desktop machine that's even "hotter"...

No wonder you're having problems...

You get riled pretty easily. Wouldn't want to be accused of "arresting" your ticker...

Yep... You're one of the few individuals I know that go out to deliberately keep their customers "in the dark" about who they are and what they do... I suppose I can't blame you though...

So, you've kept your "Pots" line... wise move...

Ah yes... somethink like 1-800-BAHIA-4-ME... :-))

Oh, I'm sure it's not. I'm pretty darn sure you've got the whole family involved...

Try thirteen. With four unanswered complaints... Or haven't you bothered checking lately??

Lot of really interesting stuff on the county's website alright...

Figure of speech...

communications systems to help with telephone sales. Hours and work week scheduling are flexible.

Somehow I just can't picture you giving away money. I really don't think you're really you... You're some kinda clone... Or maybe your name's "Michael"...

No it's not. "Sales volume" for an online store such as yours closely follows "call volume". If you're not answering your calls, your sales are going to drop. If you have a reputation for not returning or answering calls, word will get around. If you have unanswered complaints at the BBB, then you have a bigger problem. Most people will actually look for the "BBB Reliability" seal when shopping online. They also like the "Versign Secure" feature for conducting transactions involving their personal information. You used to have this at B-H. I'm wondering why you dropped it.

At least you've finally caught on to the problem most everyone here is already aware of, Robert. Don't take a year to fix it though.

That's simply abysmal!! I'd fire your CEO, all your top level managers, and forget about selling on line. Move to Bahia and enjoy your life...

You need help in a lot of "arenas". :-))

By gum, you've finally "clued in" on the math!!!

Don't forget, the job's not done until all the paper work's taken care of.

Reply to
Frank Olson

I have to agree, Frank. The minute he reappeared, you were on him like a duck on a June bug. If he starts his crap again, go for it. Otherwise, let it go. js

Reply to
alarman

No, but you "waltzed" back in here after thirty days fully expecting everyone here to "start over" from scratch...

I really do wish you'd look up the word "vendetta". Where have you

*ever* caused me injury?? You don't even know me or where I work. Everything you've ever said about me is based on supposition, outright lies, and innuendo. Your past history is chalker-block full of the same old thing.

Fine. Let's call this a "contract", shall we??

Where did I say I did??

Done! I shall adhere to the FAQ. This is a "two way street", however. I expect you to as well.

As well as your customer's browsers if they have the same security settings active. All I'm saying is that you've got code in your header that IE (at the particular settings I employ) picks up. It makes your site a "kludge". If you don't appreciate the "critique", just say so and I'll keep my mouth shut about that too so you can go on your merry way... Mind you, your customers (those with higher security settings in their browsers) will too...

Reply to
Frank Olson

You DO realize that neither Frank or RLB can refrain from posting crap right? It's in the blood by now slowly infecting the brain

Reply to
Mark Leuck

everyone here to "start over" from scratch...

Wrong. I simply logged on and posted. There was neither a waltz nor an expectation involved. In fact, I pretty much expected you to do exactly what you did, try to start a fight. Sure enough...

numerous regulars and visitors.

do the same.

Call it anything you want.

It was implied in your statement.

Good.

As soon as one of my customers has the same problem you say you have I'll deal with it. I average over 800 unique hosts per day on each of my two main websites. So far you're the only one who says you have a problem with security.

got code in your header that IE (at the particular settings I employ) picks up.

You are 100% wrong. There is no security code in the headers at all.

Well, let's see. My websites are among the most popular in the security industry. Google rates my site a 5, the same as those of most of the major manufacturers. I can't keep up with all the sales calls. Last time I bothered to look, your website was rated 0 by Google.

and I'll keep my mouth shut about that too so you can go on your merry way... Mind you, your customers (those with higher security settings in their browsers) will too...

Nope. I don't appreciate your critique. I'll take the risk that there may be some customer out there who can't get past the non-existant code.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
robertlbass

Frank, Let it go! We all know everything you are posting. When he was not posting everyone was asking where he was. The newsgroup stuck pretty much to topic. Now that he is back, and I happen to think he is an asset to the group, you want to start crap up again. If he starts being a nusiance, then come down on him. As long as he is behaving, lets enjoy the truce. Most of us in the group are professional enough to not worry about what Robert does or doesn't do. He gives good advice and is willing to jump in to help whenever he knows the answer.

You are quite knowlegable too and contribut much to the group. Maintain your high professional standards and don't let things he says or does get you so riled up. He knows just how to yank your chain and you respond to it like a puppet on a string.

Ok Jim, go ahead and tear me up.... Regards, Allan

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

Frank, Let it go.

Reply to
Smitty

"Allan Waghalter" a écrit dans le message de news: m7Obf.5597$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com...

Well,for me this is the proof he is not very usefull here..

No, the group is an asset for him...

its a pretty useful tool to promote his business,and that's it...

Reply to
petem

I've just reviewed my first post in response to yours. There was no attempt at "starting a fight". You have a pretty loose interpretation of what that all means. ISTR that when you left, your last post was along the same line... Be that as it may, I will "drop it" as everyone seems to think I should. I'll be watching though!!!

numerous regulars and visitors.

do the same.

I'd say it's a contract.

I "imply" a lot of things don't I??

But you snipped the last part. Just as long as you're aware that it's still there *by implication*.

I doubt very much that you'll get a chance to. Most will simply "move on". As an online store you have *one chance* to attract their attention. Making it difficult for them to browse your site just frustrate the heck out of 'em and they'll leave.

That's because I take the time to tell you. Of the "800 unique hits" per day that you get, how many actually stay to buy?? 4??

got code in your header that IE (at the particular settings I employ) picks up.

It's probably not in the html. Look at the css. Or the php. It's there somewhere.

Google's "rating" has to do with the number of sites that post your URL as well as the number of times it appears in your sig line in a Newsgroup. It has nothing to do with "popularity". Most of the manufacturers sites are linked from many sources (distributors, dealers, news articles, etc.). The people at "Searchfit" have your various sites crossreferenced so often it's no wonder your ranking is "up there", but then that's what you're paying them the big bucks for.

My "ranking" with Google isn't a concern. It means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Taking care of your customers, and the complaints on the BBB site are probably far more important than maintaining your Google ranking.

It's probably not "one". More like the "779" that leave in frustration. You gotta get your priorities straight.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
ssab

shut about that too...

And you need to learn to keep your word.

Reply to
robertlbass

shut about that too...

Nothing wrong with what I've said here. I was *responding* to what you said. It may take a while for it all to "filter through", Robert. Don't sweat it...

Reply to
Frank Olson

maaan they have TVs on planes now?

Reply to
cctvbahamas

toilets too.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yer Kidden!

It was always so difficult trying to pee into a cup during turbulence.

There's story about a little old lady who had to use the bathroom aboard a flight. She went into the toilet and then came right out and asked the flight attendent if she had a safety pin. The flight attendent looked around and asked a few people and finally located one and gave it to the little old lady. Later on, when the flight attendent was checking things before landing, she checked the bathroom. The curtains on the window had been pinned shut.

Reply to
Jim

"Jim" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

you never know..an alien ship could have been around...

Reply to
petem

I think that it was also the same airline where the pilots and stewadesses gave a new meaning to .... and took the term "Flying United" .....to new heights.

At the time, I can remember people saying that they should add "Cum and fly with us" to their ads.

Reply to
Jim

Wasn't it United Airlines that used the line "Fly the friendly skies"??? :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.