Napco report burg only when armed?

Hi. I have a Napco 3200 with a zone detecting flood water. I have it alarm at the keypad sounder and report to central station which calls me on my home and cell phone. It doesn't output the burg siren for obvious reasons. This works well and it has actually saved me from a basement flood once. My question is -- is there a way to program the panel to call central station ONLY if it's armed away (not interior bypassed)? I would even tolerate it calling if it's armed at all, even on interior bypass. It just seems silly to call anyone when it's in the middle of the day, I'm home, it's not armed, and the keypad is screaming at me that there's a flood anyway. I can put an alarm delay I suppose, but I was more wondering about a general setting in this regard? Thanks

Reply to
Total nerd
Loading thread data ...

What if you didn't arm it and were out for the day...you'd have an un reported flood.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

personally, i'd leave it as is. then customize your cs response for hours/days your likely to be home.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Try programing that zone for "trouble on Night open"

I don't remember exactly how that reports and I don't know what format you're using to report to central station, but this should only report when the system is armed. It wont know the difference between home and away, but it will only report when it's armed. Regardless of which reporting format you're using, you'll have to notify central station about how you want them to respond. There are other issues with regard to if it will cause the keypad to beep also. You'll have to experiment with other options along with the "trouble on night open" to see if it will do what you want. I think the keypad wont beep when it's armed, so you may have to program this zone to activate the aux relay and put a seperate sounder on that output, if you *don't* want your loud alarm sounder, but do want a local alert. I don't use this feature, myself, so you'll have to experiment a little. This should give you a lead.

Reply to
Jim

Hey that's actually a neat idea, I'll check into it. Someone else asked "what if you didn't arm and you left the house?" well, I always arm and, if I forget, then I deserve the flood!

Reply to
Total nerd

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.