AT&T 8000

got an AT&T 8000 alarm system. the main battery went bad and I replaced it. The low battery for the Central Control won't reset. How do I reset the low battery for the CC. It starts beeping every day.

Reply to
Pop
Loading thread data ...

Press Messages until it displays all troubles then Clear Display to erase then Test/Demo to exit

However that system is so old who knows if it'll reset

Reply to
Mark Leuck

On Thu, 10 May 2007 21:59:52 -0400, Mark Leuck wrot= e:

it's a classic =3D;). yea, tried all that. tried user test mode [code = & =

off, then hold test button ], installer test mode [code & off, then pres= s =

test once and all 4 buttons at same time], powered up and down, with and= =

without battery hooked up. no luck. I'll give it a few days to =

straighten up then I'll replace it. Goodbuy old friend ATT8000, were =

gonna miss ya after 20 years of flawless duty. snif. Don't suppose tho= s =

old transmitters wok with any thing else? pobably ont.

Reply to
Pop

it's a classic =;). yea, tried all that. tried user test mode [code & off, then hold test button ], installer test mode [code & off, then press test once and all 4 buttons at same time], powered up and down, with and without battery hooked up. no luck. I'll give it a few days to straighten up then I'll replace it. Goodbuy old friend ATT8000, were gonna miss ya after 20 years of flawless duty. snif. Don't suppose thos old transmitters wok with any thing else? pobably ont.

The sensors work with an 8300 and if you are lucky you can get an 8600 external receiver that would allow it to work with any hardwired system

Best damn panel ever made, the gods wept when AT&T discontinued it, far better than anything Moose ever did

Reply to
Mark Leuck

lots bigger can too!

Reply to
Pop

Before I gave up all hope, I'd check the charging circuit to make sure it's putting out, and also try a different battery. Maybe there actually IS a low battery problem.

Reply to
Skinner Johnson

it's charging, with a new battery. old battery had split and oozed. The consarned beeping has stopped but the battery trouble won't clear. it appears the beeping part knows the battery has been replaced but the led part doesn't know so it stays lit. I can live with that though. I will check battery mor often now.

Reply to
Pop

AT&T 8000, eh? LED won't turn off you say? Hmmmm...I'd try a 12 gauge with 1 oz. of # 6 shot. Should kill the LED. js

Reply to
Carl Carlson

Not the 8000, it came in a plastic can, you may be thinking of the 8300

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Oh sure, I'd expect a response like that from a MOOSE guy

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Moose panels are tougher. You'd need at least # 4 buck to take one out. js

Reply to
Carl Carlson

Withstanding buckshot was about all it could do, that and a boat anchor of course

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I meant the 8000, the 8300 was a close second and it's only failing was the lack of a confusing display screen on the main panel box

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.