Amazing brand new 5700 fire panel still using serial port

Amazing lap top computers no longer come with serial ports but SK still puts them on there panels to download which means yet another trail of error to find which one works best. There not the only ones amazing how many other company's produce equipment with serial ports

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

You need a good emulator. I have two that work really well. One's a Trendnet TU-S9 and the other's a "no name" (came with the downloading software from Mircom).

Reply to
Frank Kurz

Exactly, I have a small HP netbook with a 10.9" screen running XP-Pro and only USB 2.0 ports. I bought a USB to Serial on eBay for about $7.99 and use to connect to Network, Silent Knight, Mircom, and others. Works great!!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Recently in my area, the found a woman in her home who had been deliberately drowned in her bathtub filled to the top with Corn Flakes and milk.

They beleive it was done by a Cereal killer.

Reply to
Jim

Recently in my area, the found a woman in her home who had been deliberately drowned in her bathtub filled to the top with Corn Flakes and milk.

They beleive it was done by a Cereal killer.

---------------------------

Oh that?s just "Taste-less"

RTS

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

I just can't picture a flash drive with a serial connector on it.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.