disconnect letters

Hey...anyone have any creative Collect or Disconnect letters? I got a couple of deadbeats I wanna blast. This could be a fun thread too :-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

Sure, here try this.

===========================================================

Dear customer,

We have not heard from you and due to non-payment, your monitoring for the above address has been discontinued as of January 31, 2007.

Even though you may not have been arming and disarming the system the Smoke Detectors were operational 24/7. Since the monitoring service has been discontinued, therefore the dispatch of the Fire Department has also been discontinued.

We continued to monitor your residence as a good faith gesture even though we did not hear from you for the last 2 months. We have enclosed an invoice for those two months (Dec. 2006 & Jan. 2007) and also a self addressed envelope for remittance.

Should you have any questions, please call us at xxx-xxxx.

Respectfully,

============================================================

Reply to
ABLE_1

Dear [deadbeat name]:

You account is now in arrears in the amount of $[#,###.##]. You have not responded to the previous [###] invoices, statements and requests for payment which we sent to you over the past [##] months. We are certain that this is nothing but an honest oversight on your part. Perhaps you simply forgot to open the last three certified letters. Busy as you are avoiding paying all your other bills this is perfectly understandable.

Please be informed that in accordance with paragraph 2,459b -- sub part AL25 of your contract, your account with [company] is now terminated. Your alarm system has been reprogrammed so that the front door will activate the fire alarm sounder whenever opened, day or night. All motion detectors have been programmed to turn the furnace off for three hours whenever motion is sensed during winter months. Window sensors have been programmed to activate your lawn sprinklers. Central monitoring has been discontinued. However, your alarm will now dial a 900 number in China once per hour until further notice.

In order to give you one last opportunity to make good on your contract, the above changes have been placed on delayed activation for 24 hours. Should you wish to revert to normal system operation, please drop by our office with an envelop containing the full amount owed in cash plus a $125 service fee to cover the cost of reprogramming your alarm.

As always, it is our pleasure to serve and protect you and your family. Thank you for your kind attention to this matter.

Sincerely, [you]

Reply to
Robert L Bass

almost too nice...gotta change it to almost 5 months...yeah I know I'm a sucker.

THANKS !!

Reply to
Crash Gordon

That's more like it!!!

I actually did something like that to a scumsuckerratbastid customer abt 15 years ago. I made all his doors sound the siren for 1minute for every trip...siren in attic and inside house. Pretty mean I guess...but he asked for it.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Dear customer:

You'll be pleased to know we've finally integrated our invoicing system with our monitoring station. We're very excited about having The MAFIA (delinquent Monitored Account Formalized for Immediate Action) system working for us. The new system has identified your account as being seriously past due. Further investigation has revealed that your last payment was received on ******, 2006. Thankfully, we were able to intervene manually so the system has not yet deactivated your services. We would appreciate your sending us your payment for $___.__ as soon as possible as it may not be possible for us to stop our system from taking further action by February 15, 2007.

Yours sincerely,

Don Vito Corleone.

Reply to
Frank Olson

office with an envelop containing the full

your alarm.

Wow... You charged $125 service fee just to reprogram a customer's alarm? What a rip!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Now that's just plain "bulldog mean".

Reply to
Frank Olson

If the client is a d*****ad trying to duck the bill then I have some fun with them. Nothing burns me quite like a wiseass trying to dodge a bill and any attempts to collect. I prefer using a phone call informing them of the lien being placed on their property and how sorry I am for having to do this but since they ignored the invoices I was left with no other option. I apologize for their credit being ruined and how bad credit can cost tens of thousands of dollars due to higher mortgage rates. Property liens prevent homes from being sold, equity lines to be drawn, or mortgages being refinanced.

'Oh I am so sorry for having to turn you into a candidate for bankruptcy but when you don't pay my bill you also cause harm to me & my family. '

It's at that point where they will 'see the light' and suddenly offer restitution. The only payment I accept at that point is payment in full for the remainder of the contract. I only accept cash or money orders when it gets to that level.

Keep in mind that the average deadbeat isn't a Supreme Court Justice so their limited knowledge of the law makes for entertaining threats. They probably don't pay anyone so don't fear them when they threaten to sue because their lawyer is non-existent.

If the client isn't a d*****ad and is just going through rough times then the above does not occur. I have a few folks coasting on their bill due to financial difficulty but I know they will make good on their debts when they can.

Rules are simple: Call me and tell me times are tough. If I have to call you first then we have an issue. Stay in touch throughout the timeframe and keep me apprised of the situation and all is well.

Reply to
I brive a dus

Dear Customer,

Are you alive?

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

And invites litigation. Not a good method.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

I wasn't aware that you could use a lien for overdue monitoring payments. In CT we once used a mechanic's lien where the customer tried to avoid paying us a balance of about $7,000 on his installation. IIRC, the lien had to be placed within 90 days of the work. The customer paid right away. The reason I question it is that the so-called "mechanic's lien" is for work performed on the physical property -- labor and materials. I didn't know you could use a lien for services that don't involve on-premises work.

That lien was very effective for us because the homeowner was acting as his own GC. He needed to convert from a high interest construction loan to a conventional mortgage. I don't recall ever having filed a lien other than that. It worked but I was always reluctant to hurt a customer's credit unless it was absolutely the only way we could get paid. Fortunately, most people willingly pay up on time.

Same here. During the late eighties there was a recession and a lot of people lost their jobs. When anyone said they were not renewing the monitoring contract due to a job loss I gave them a year's service at no charge. I told them to let me know when they were employed again and we'd resume billing but the service would be free in the meantime.

Almost every one of them resumed paying for monitoring when they were able. Most even paid for the "free" period though we didn't ask them to. I don't think we actually lost more than a few customers due to the recession. Instead, we got tons of referrals to new customers.

Same here, but if they had a genuine problem I would let them slide anyway. Sometimes people are just too embarassed to say anything.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

It was well justified, and it made me feel a whole lot better after getting ripped by this guy for thousands of dollars.

| > I actually did something like that to a scumsuckerratbastid customer abt

15 | > years ago. I made all his doors sound the siren for 1minute for every | > trip...siren in attic and inside house. Pretty mean I guess...but he asked | > for it. | | | Now that's just plain "bulldog mean".
Reply to
Crash Gordon

good good, now we're getting somewhere.

| >

| >

| | | Dear customer: | | You'll be pleased to know we've finally integrated our invoicing system | with our monitoring station. We're very excited about having The MAFIA | (delinquent Monitored Account Formalized for Immediate Action) system | working for us. The new system has identified your account as being | seriously past due. Further investigation has revealed that your last | payment was received on ******, 2006. Thankfully, we were able to | intervene manually so the system has not yet deactivated your services. | We would appreciate your sending us your payment for $___.__ as soon | as possible as it may not be possible for us to stop our system from | taking further action by February 15, 2007. | | Yours sincerely, | | Don Vito Corleone.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Placing liens can be risky.

Your Rules are similar to mine...tell me whats going on and I'll float ya for a while...try to con me and I get pissed.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

When sending a decon letter to a deadbeat is it a good idea to copy their insurance provider also?

Reply to
Diamond Dave

"Keep in mind that the average deadbeat isn't a Supreme Court Justice so their limited knowledge of the law makes for entertaining threats."

;-)

In CT we once used a mechanic's lien where the customer

IIRC, the lien had to be placed within 90 days of the work.

lled "mechanic's lien" is for work performed on the

lien for services that don't involve on-premises work.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

Reply to
I brive a dus

Yea...but unfortunately I only keep copies of the certificates I issue, and not where I send them...dumb...gotta fix that.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Assuming they can prove you reprogrammed it and it's not just a system fault...

"My siren keeps going off! Fix it!"

"We'll send a technician right out. Please have full payment for your overdue account ready upon his arrival; repair work will commence once payment has been received."

Reply to
Matt Ion

Exactly.

| >>Crash Gordon wrote: | >>

| >>>That's more like it!!! | >>>

| >>>I actually did something like that to a scumsuckerratbastid customer abt | >>>15 years ago. I made all his doors sound the siren for 1minute for every | >>>trip...siren in attic and inside house. Pretty mean I guess...but he | >>>asked for it. | >>

| >>

| >>Now that's just plain "bulldog mean". | >

| >

| > And invites litigation. Not a good method. | | Assuming they can prove you reprogrammed it and it's not just a system fault... | | "My siren keeps going off! Fix it!" | | "We'll send a technician right out. Please have full payment for your overdue | account ready upon his arrival; repair work will commence once payment has been | received."

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.