Quality alarm companis working in the Panama City Florida area

I'm down here in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida area and wouldn't you know it, but a good friend (a local) has asked me to help him with shopping for an alarm company for one of his properties down here. Does anyone know the names of some decent quality alarm companies that work in this area. I went around the development and only found one local company that I will call. The only other one is ADT, but I've warned him off them already...

He is only interested in fire detection and will likely never use the burglary part of the system, since this property is rented continually. It seems his insurance company will give him a sizeable deduction for basic fire detection and monitoring.

Jim Rojas or RLB....any suggestions

RHC

Reply to
tourman
Loading thread data ...

You're far from home, eh?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yeah, a little...I do this every year....I love Florida....two more months of motorcycling and some of the most open gun laws in US. I'm having a ball competing with the US shooters I have met down here. And best of all, no snow or cold weather...:))

Reply to
tourman

Sorry, Bob. I don't have any contacts up there. I do know of one guy who works in the area but he's not someone I'd ever recommend. If you want to run the name of the company you're considering by me privately I'll let you know if it's him.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I think this weekend I might make a run -- maybe Gainesville if the weather looks right. When do you expect to be in my area? It was nice this afternoon. I cut out a few minutes early and went to the bank. The sun felt great! If you have time, we ought to take the women for a ride up to Anna Maria Island.

Angela is hoping you and your sweetheart can have dinner with us, too. I fired up the grill this weekend -- made some incredible porterhouse steaks for a dozen guests. [yum]

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Sheesh Bass! You tell us you serve "porterhouse" after braggin' you gross more than 1.5 mil in sales every year?? I wouldn't serve porterhouse to my cat (and she's truly evil).

Reply to
Frank Olson

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

RHc:We'll be down in the Sarasota area on 18th March. However, my bike started to give me trouble the other day...serious surging and misfiring. I have to trailer it in to the dealer today to see if it's something simple or serious (ECU unit). Depending upon the cost to repair it, I may either have it fixed here, or trade up for a newer model, but if I do that, I'll have to wait until I get home. I'll keep you posted. As for a dealer in this area, I'll start calling around...thanks

Reply to
tourman

RHc:We'll be down in the Sarasota area on 18th March. However, my bike started to give me trouble the other day...serious surging and misfiring. I have to trailer it in to the dealer today to see if it's something simple or serious (ECU unit). Depending upon the cost to repair it, I may either have it fixed here, or trade up for a newer model, but if I do that, I'll have to wait until I get home. I'll keep you posted. As for a dealer in this area, I'll start calling around...thanks

Might be worth a price check. Some of the comments in VROC lately seem to be indicating bike prices (atleast from Kawi) are much lower in the US. Enough to be worth going through the import headaches, or you could just register in Fla.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

RHC: Yeah, when I took the bike in this morning, I saw comparable bikes to mine on sale for about $3K less than back in Canada. But at first glance, the mechanic seemed to think it wasn;t much of a problem...perhaps even a loose wire from when they previously installed the tachometer. If I do have to spend more than $300 to have it fixed, I will take it back with me and trade it in for a brand new Gold Wing I am thinking. Those are $7K less down here than at home as well, and with our dollar so good, THAT might really be worth the hassle of the import process (which isn't easy or convenient, especially if you have to fight over a warranty issue later on.... ((...)

Reply to
tourman

mine on sale for about $3K less than back in Canada.

problem...perhaps even a loose wire from when they

have it fixed, I will take it back with me and trade

than at home as well, and with our dollar so good,

or convenient, especially if you have to fight over

There's a guy in Tampa selling an '06 Goldwing for $18,900 on eBay. It looks cherry (the color and the condition). He says it has both heated seat and grips, something you probably need even in August. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

to mine on sale for about $3K less than back in Canada.

oblem...perhaps even a loose wire from when they

0 to have it fixed, I will take it back with me and trade

ere than at home as well, and with our dollar so good,

easy or convenient, especially if you have to fight over

oks cherry (the color and the condition). He says it has

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

RHC: Hey!, I'm on the road again....a chafed wire leading to the throttle sensor....a couple of hours labour to find it and repair......

See you later in March

Reply to
tourman

sensor....a couple of hours labour to find it and repair......

Excellent!

BTW, I'm looking at some hard bags for the M109R. Have you ever bought anything from Corbin? Their "Fleetliner" bags look top-flight but they're expensive. I wonder if they're worth the price. Any thoughts?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.