ADT Essential Wireless Package

there a big reason right there to not buy form ADT.

Reply to
Danny
Loading thread data ...

You sure it wasn't that "other yellow pages" that I hear about in the commercials?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

reverse

formatting link
> 1997 Tyco merges with Bermuda-based ADT, whose operations base is in Boca

They wouldn't do that if it weren't for high state taxes

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Reply to
alarman

the website or in the contract on-line.

Oops. I meant to say "guarantee" not "warranty." We were talking about money back guarantees, not standard if it's broke, we'll fix it language like you posted. Everybody's got a warranty. How about a link to a money-back guarantee? Do you have one of those?

Reply to
J.

ADT's functional headquarters is in Boca. Believe me, I know. All of the corporate management works from Boca. Tyco is incorporated in Bermuda like a multituse of other companies for tax reasons like everyone here knows. Before being bought by Tyco, ADT was also incorporated in Bermuda. ADT never has and currenty does not run it's business from there.

Reply to
J.

Management has wanted to move the headquarters to the US for at least three years or so. The shareholders voted it down.

Reply to
J.

ADT has never been headquartered in Bermuda. The company was incorporated there, but all of the corporate management worked in the the United States in New Jersey and then in Boca Raton. As everyone knows, Bermuda is a corporate tax shelter. The company was never run from Bermuda. Tyco thought the ADT buy would get better shareholder support if they could show the cost savings of moving the place of incorporation to Bermuda. Interestingly enough, in the post 911 world, Tyco management wanted to move the place of incorporation back to the US, but the shareholders voted no at the annual meeting a couple years ago.

Reply to
J.

You're correct, but are splitting hairs.. Is ADT worldwide an American Co? No. It is based in Bermuda, regardless of where the majority of the execs work on a daily basis.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

Almost correct. Indianapolis still does National Accounts as a stand-alone CS.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

J. Oops. I meant to say "guarantee" not "warranty." We were talking

Nope. Never needed one. I can imagine how one would look like though... Mrs. Smith, we'll drill holes in your door and window frames, fish wire inside your walls and spend about a day and a half in your house making sure our efforts are not only complete concealed, but meet your city's code requirements. If you don't like our service, we'll replace all your doors and windows, remove our wire, and ensure your house is left in the exact same state as we found it in... Sure...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Chris Farley said it best in Tommy Boy You can stick your head up the cow's ass to see if the steak is any good but I'd rather just take the butcher's word on it.

Frank Ols> J.

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Wrong. There is no monitoring center in Indy. That's where ADT's National Account Service Center is. National Accounts are primarily monitored out of Aurora, CO.

From ADT's internal website about Aurora:

Aurora CMC Profile The National Account Monitoring Center, or NAMC, focuses on meeting the unique needs of ADT?s National Account and Federal System customers. The NAMC?s goal is to address every customer?s security needs while fostering true account management. This effort requires a centralized Data Processing and Down Line Load Department. It also includes support of ADT Select, a web-based account management tool.

The NAMC?s Special Operations Department houses leading edge technology such as Interactive CMC Video Monitoring, Access Control management, and GPS tracking.

Providing quality service that is both timely and consistent to

350,000 customers requires the support and dedication of over 600 team members. The NAMC responds to over 600,000 alarm signals, 250,000 inbound calls, and 45,000 data requests every month. The teams performance is measured daily with an extensive array of qualitative and quantitative metrics. In short, Rochester and Jacksonville are the primary residential monitoring centers. Omaha and Kansas City are primarily commerical. Aurora handles consolidated national accounts, special ops, and ADT Select products.

The National Account Support Center in Indy is not a monitoring center. From ADT's internal website:

National Account Support Center Business Operations The National Account Support Center (NASC) houses the Account Services Center for National Accounts as well as National Account Business Operations which includes the following departments: Installation Coordination, Customer Relations, Data, Downline Load, Quality Assurance, and Service Support.

10405 Crosspoint Blvd. Indianapolis, IN 46256 800-453-2247 Please stop trying to correct me about this stuff.
Reply to
J.

So it's like I thought. Is ADT the only company in the industry with a written money back guarantee?

Reply to
J.

Not splitting hairs. The company is run out of the US. Always has been. If you want to split hairs, ADT is technically headquartered in Wilmington, DE. The company was incorporated in DE in 1988 as ADT Security Systems and later changed to ADT Security Services on

12/18/1996. ADT's parent company is ADT General Holdings with D&B #618399778, also incorporated in Deleware, but we're not splitting hairs, right.
Reply to
J.

Reply to
Everywhere Man

That's the thing that's different between ADT & Us independents. Were the = owners, If we tell someone something we have to stick behind it, else we = won't be in busiess long. The nationals are just that, Nationals. If a = salesman tells a customer something and then dosen't come thru on it, oh = well, the worst that happens is sales go down for a month or two till the = stink that that customer stirred up dies down.

An independant Thrives or dies by LOCAL public opinion. He does crappy = work or shady business; his business dies.

If i say I will fix it. I will fix it. If i say i will warranty it. i = willwarranty it. Not some tech(some not all) from 2 hours away that my = customer dosen't know and has no interest in my customers home or safety .

Reply to
Tommy

Ablurb on a website is not "written". Especially when the *certain = restrictions apply Qualifier is not spelled out.

Reply to
Tommy

That is so true ! It should also be self evident to any careful shopper. However, personally, I have pretty much given up on the idea that alarm shoppers will do much advance research in buying their alarms. They go for the biggest ad, lowest price, or whoever happens to knock on their door at any given moment. Frankly, would you really want that kind of customer up front. Besides, we'll get a lot of 'em eventually anyway (at least the more discriminating ones)

There's an old saying...I don't care what they say about me, as long as they continue talking about me. This thread is giving them an unwarranted opportunity to promote their crap !

No matter what they say, the real world truth is their prices are far too high, their service > That's the thing that's different between ADT & Us independents. Were the

owners, If we tell someone something we have to stick behind it, else we won't be in busiess long. The nationals are just that, Nationals. If a salesman tells a customer something and then dosen't come thru on it, oh well, the worst that happens is sales go down for a month or two till the stink that that customer stirred up dies down.

shady business; his business dies.

willwarranty it. Not some tech(some not all) from 2 hours away that my customer dosen't know and has no interest in my customers home or safety .

on the website or in the contract on-line.

Reply to
tourman

That really answered the question. Why didn't you simply say, "I am not sure"? Just out of curiousity, when was the last time it was American owned?

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.