FREE Home Security System + Free Installation

If you would like one of our representatives to visit your home to discuss this offer in more detail please call 416-578-1177.

For GTA residents, I can offer you:

Complimentary ADT HOME SECURITY SYSTEM* Home Security System to be professionally installed at your residence.

ADT is one of the most trusted names in home security and provides 24 hour monitoring of your home.

There is NO INSTALLATION FEE, NO EQUIPMENT COST for the complete package. Monthly fee is $31.95.

YOUR FREE HOME SECURITY SYSTEM CONSISTS OF:

1 Master Control Unit - 1 Keypad - 1 Interior Siren - 2 Door Contacts

1 Smoke Detector - 1 Motion Detector - 1 Yard Sign & Window Decals

*36 month ADT Monitoring Agreement required. Certain restrictions apply. Satisfactory credit history required.
Reply to
Daniel N
Loading thread data ...

Well now, isn't this interesting ! I'm curious to see how many people complain about this ad on the ng - not the least of which it's an Authorized ADT dealer selling his phoney free system on a newsgroup filled with other dealers far too knowledable to fall for this the oldest bullshit in our industry !

Let me see now, we knitpick RLB for selling on the ng, but this twit comes on with his nonsense, and we say....... what ?

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Well...considering that only 8 minutes elapsed between his post and yours you aren't really giving anyone a chance....

about this ad on

phoney free system on

oldest bullshit

this offer in more

monitoring of your

Monthly fee is

Satisfactory credit

Reply to
coord

Actually, you're right ! ....press on.....

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

if they say a monkey is going to install the free system then I'll speak up.

Reply to
obo

Get the f*ck outa here.

Reply to
mikey

He's been asked to leave, Bob.

Reply to
mikey

HAHAHAHA....yeah, that about says it.......

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

"Alarm Farce" has you beat... Even *without* their hokey "Alarm Voice". ;-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Hmm. Perhaps Toronto has less stringent laws than Florida. If he ran that ad from Bradenton like the "authorized dealer" thee recntly did he could be making a $100K donation to the state's coffers. :^)

Reply to
robertlbass

There doesn't appear to be any regulations that govern deceptive advertising, at least as far as I can see in the security business. Or perhaps, that is not considered deceptive advertising, but just opportunistic, I don't know. Anyway, ADT Authorized Dealers are still pulling this crap on the public even though rumour has it that ADT is trying to swing things away from the phoney free system approach, to getting at least $400 up front for the system. I guess that horrendous attrition rates are making them rethink their approach over the longer term. Probably a good move on their part....

Seems just as before, they may not have firm control over their Authorized Dealer program.

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Um, ok, one two conditions.

1. You explain how having a sign that says, "Stanley is a Moron," will deter somebody breaking into my house.

1. You promise not to sue me.

LOL

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Placing that ad in here is f****ng stupid. You forgot to mention the $99.00 'activation' fee. ADT doesn't accept contracts from dealers without a minimum fee (call it activation, installation, whatever you want) paid by the client of $99.00. Hey what if they have VOiP? Oops, forgot to mention the $300.00 cell backup charge with an additional $8.00 monthly fee? End users who visit here have more than likely checked out dealer websites already, and have viewed all of the incredible offers out there. Listen kid, you're apparently trying something new to generate leads but try using your head before you act.

Daniel N wrote:

Reply to
Where's my WEBTV?

I think ADT should merge with AOL....

Reply to
Bill

Perfect. They could call it SOL. js

Reply to
alarman

Uh, no, they CAN do something about it, but they CHOOSE not to. Wake the hell up. js

Reply to
alarman

Exactly. If someone gives you something for "free", what is it's bottom-line value to you? Nothing, of course. Why would you feel compelled to place much importance on paying for something that was advertised as "free"? You wouldn't. The "free" system automatically draws those who are stupid enough to not read the fine print, and those same stupid people are the ones who are least likely to keep up the payments.

Need to replace all those blue yards signs with ones that say "I'm a Moron".

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

Splat! That is the sound my mouthful of soda made spraying all over my desk when I read the above. Just couldn't hold my laugh in until I swallowed! LOL!

Reply to
Bill

This is just some random sales 'tard from a dealer posting here. ADT doesn't condone it, but they can't control what some jackass posts on usenet any more than you or I can.

More interesting is the fact that Canada had been merged into US ADT operations (now renamed ADT North America). The Candadian region is slowly being brought in line with the standard ADT policies in place in the US. Eventually, the corporate offices will stop leasing systems on the low down program and will move toward the outright sale model used in the US. This change has improved operations in the US over the past year or so. I'm all for anything that increases the perceived value of the equipment and services this industry provides.

Of course, the authorized dealers will still be around and likely posting crap like this "free" system for years to come.

J.

Reply to
J. Sloud

Actually J, to change the subject a bit, I have a copy of a posting sent to all ADT dealers on VoIP. Well written, and good stuff ! I was kind of hoping that ADT, being the biggest and best funded around, would somehow be able to come up with a solution to the problem of alarms over VoIP. It's costing the industry a lot of lost sales, and will only get worse over time.

We have a few scummy dealer around here that will hook it up in spite of all the problems just for the revenue. I sure hate losing sales to those types ! If you guys have any ideas in regards to this problem, I for one would sure like to hear about them.

Regards,

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.