Ademco:PanelDumpsCentralStation

thanks. life's too short...yada yada.

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

He doesn't like it when I post anything about DIY, especially if I include my sig line.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Actually, I'm rarely bored. I've little interest in arguing with L about DIY or anything else though. I answered a comment regarding fire alarms. As to California code, I know what L hates to admit -- that it's not illegal to install your own fire alarm system. It bugs him no end that I mention that so he claims that anything I say is intended to "stir the pot" with him. That, of course, is the height of arrogance. He's just not that important to me (or anyone else).

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I still have flashbacks from orthodontia (-sp?) man, that was torture back in the 50-60's.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

and since they fall out anyway when ya get older makes me wonder why i went through the torture and teenage embarrassment of having a mouth full or hardware...not to mention the RFI problems ....heheheeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Reply to
Crash Gordon

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

you cant be bored ,to be bored someone need a brain..and know how to use it

normal you need a brain to have interest in anything...

Reply to
petem

Ha ! I knew there was some reason I enjoy your posts.....some humour, no vitriol, lots of tech talk, and no bulls*it...

RHC

Some of the bickering is entertaining most not. I prefer to talk tech stuff and have some yuks. I hear enough freeking bickering between my teenage daughter and my wife to make my head explode...I come here to escape.

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

I'm glad someone else once read Highlife magazine, for some reason my dentist always had them laying around when I was a kid.

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Noooo, he doesn't like seeing you manipulating folks here. Me neither. And I think your sig line looks great.

Reply to
mikey

Speaking of dentists... When I was a kid, my Mom used to take us to one named "Dr. Jinx"... The thing I remember about him (other than the fact that he loved torturing kids) is the big fish tank he had in the waiting room... It had this ceramic Tyranosaurus Rex with rotten teeth that made bubbles every time it opened it's mouth...

Reply to
Frank Olson

I hear ya!!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Hello, to All, and especially Jim Rojas,

Working backwards from entry 51, Jim, I can only fear that you are correct about NYC requirements. No, it never occurred to me that the city would have anything to say about a security system. I only added the fire because it was available, I was renovating my home and, I thought, since I was wiring the house myself anyway...

But let me cross that bridge if I come to it. I want to do something else here.

I found this list in a desperate search for answers enumerated in my original post. Several here offered help. Thank you all. But especially, I thank, with a bit of reverance thrown in, Mr. Jim Rojas. I do not know if this is a list of installers only or experts only or how it came to be. My experience is that when neither my nephew, who trouble shoots Slomin systems for a living, nor my central office could help me, a gentleman who is fantastically easy going and generous and, to a person like me is now, also mystical, came up with the answer in minutes. Perhaps the other contributors to this list are at the same level. If so, congratulations and what a wonder. In any case, this is the first time anyone has ever told me to jack a telephone into the line when my panel was on it so I could listen to the software because one can frequently tell by the sound what is wrong. I will have to try this. Until I do, however, my imagination tells me that I would hear something like modem hand shakes and R2D2 speak. If this is so, Jim Rojas, and perhaps others of you, are like those guys in The Matrix who look at ones and zeros and see... life.

Thank you all. Thank you, Jim.

Reply to
Don

Residential fire is usually different and may not matter...depends on the code there.

We have, how shall I say...and eclectic mix of people here...from nutjobs to pros and everything in between.

Good luck!

Reply to
Crash Gordon

It was a pleasure to help you with your problem.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.