Vista 20 not dialing out

I am reprogramming an Ademco Vista 20 (not a P or SE). I have not defaulted the control. I have programmed in the phone number, format (7-contact id), account code (0123), placed 10 in the first pair of boxes in the *56 zone programming section for each zone.

Problem: when the system is tripped (Keypad * + #), hard wire zone panic (type 06) or a burg zone, the system does not send a signal. With a telco handset placed on the brown/gray telco pair I get dial tone immediate after tripping the panics (no delay). This means no line seizure. Telco handset on red/green gives me dial tone (no attempt to dial). Of course no signal or call at the CS.

Help?

Reply to
John Sowden
Loading thread data ...

I do not think vista 20 can do contact id thats you problem it only came out in

20SE panels need to use 4/2 high speed ademco
Reply to
NickMark

if its version 1 it does not do contact id higher version do also check to make sure you have phone pairs wired correct that panels too ald to get tech support on but sounds like you have it programmed correct.

Reply to
NickMark

make sure you have phone pairs wired correct that panels too ald to get tech support on but sounds like you have it programmed correct.

I have a copy of the manual, dated November, 1995. It references contact id as one of the formats. this is a changeover from another company, who had it programmed for contact id (type 7). i heard no line seizure relay click when panic was tripped, and even if the phone line was backwards (in on brown/gray, etc.) there would be no dial tone on activation. I am concerned that the memory locations might have changed from one version to another.

Reply to
John Sowden

I looked at various versions using compass and they did not move move features where added with each version only other thing I can think of is you inadvertently deleted primary phone number try reprogramming it.

Reply to
NickMark

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.