Ademco 6139 with 5827BD Keypad

Anyone gotten one of these to work? I realize the 6139 (older version I think-longer vertical than horizontal), have the panel set to address

16 where there is a visible display (28,29,30 = no display). Tried cutting jumpers on the 5800TM transmitter to changes the addresses mentioned above, and making the panel non-addressable by setting to 31 (=no display condition). It is an ADT branded panel used witha Vista 20P board, and seems to wrok just fine otherwise. Also using the 5882 remote RF receiver (I think it's the Canadian version, but works with all transmitters I tried it with, door/window, smoke alarm, glassbreak, etc.....also works fine with 5827BD except for indication of armed status if I change the panel to a 6150 non-alpha keypad).

This one is driving me crazy, maybe thinking of going to a more advanced keypad anyways. Picked up the 6139 cheap at a GoodWill thrift store for a buck, and it does allow me to program the system....Any help/advice appreciated!

Marc

Reply to
Marc
Loading thread data ...

Hi Marc ,

Yes all that works Address 6139 as 16 if you address it anything other than that like 17 enable *190 10 For 5800TM cut the red jumper , for 5882 receiver all dips are to off. For 5827 to work just enable fields 24 as 10 in panel.

Also do not mix with 6150rf Either you use 5882 + 5800TM or simply

61550rf

Regards, Neo

Reply to
Neo
6139 is not longer vertically than horizontal
Reply to
Crash Gordon

The ADT version is, if I recall its the 6139B. Kinda big and ugly

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I think my nose is.

Reply to
Just Looking

That the one with the curved top and sliding door?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Understood all except the part about enabling fields 24 as 10 in the panel....don't get it? Do you mean *24? I thought that was the RF toggle on/off? I tried to cut the red jumper on the 5800TM both with and w/o changing the panel address, to no avail. Also, what does *190

10 do? Didn't get that part either. PS I'm not a pro alarm installer, just a novice who has installed a few LYNX panels and had good luck with those! Thanks for your help though, really appreciate it!

To other posters, yes it is a vertical style keypad with a flip-down door, and the larger alpha-numeric display. It is in fact branded ADT-I understand this has been replaced with the 6160? But this did allow me to program the Vista board I snagged off CraigsList for $20. Only paid $1 for the keypad....In fact, everything works great except the 5827 keypad.....I'm hoping Neo's solution works out!

Marc

Neo wrote:

Reply to
Marc

Marc ,

24 will change the house ID to 10. Which will force the panel to look for 5800TM

When you say panel address are you referring to *24. if yes thats what I am not refering to .

The red jumper when cut on 5800TM would enable adress 28 on TM that will make it to talk to panel.

The 20p panels or so you have to address each keypad to a unique adress starting 16 the field *190 would enable address 17 for second keypad. This part is only valid if you are using more than 1 keypad.

In order to make 5827 work simply do following

• Cut red jumper on 5800TM
  • do *24 10 in panel programing
  • Set dip switches on 5827 for adrdess 10 that is usually on off on off on off , double check the docs.

Hope this helps

Neo

Reply to
Neo

Yah got it. I've not seen many of them around.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Thanks Neo, suggestions worked perfectly! Leaving 6139 at address 16, cut red jumper in 5800TM, House ID=10 (Field 24), everything works beautifully! One other question to Neo or Group: When I arm the panel in AWAY mode, it seems to default to STAY all the time. This bypasses the motion detector-set to Zone 04-Interior Follower? I'm sure I've got something programmed wrong....

Neo wrote:

Reply to
Marc
Reply to
Mark Leuck

Turn Auto Stay off *84 = 0 (what Mark said) Auto Stay switches arming mode to Stay if you don't open a delay door to exit.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Got it, thanks for all the replies. The system is working beautifully now. One other question though, I must have the wrong set of instuctions for the arm/disarm delay. Do I input the actual seconds in Fields 34,

35 to set whatever arming time I want? Using the 0, 1, 2 whatever on this panel doesn't seem to do the trick right. Also, Monitronics had installed the PIR detector (hardwired) as Zone 2, and right near the front door where you would trip the alarm every time if it's set to Interior Follower. Needed to be set up for a delay, so I put it at specs for a Zone 10(Interior Delay). I removed their proprietary Vista 15P board and replaced with a generic 20P. Other PIR is a wireless unit set up as Zone Type 4 in another room, to trigger instantaneously, works great. 6139 seems to be a nice panel though-might go to the voice responsive version later if step-mom would rather have that..... M

Crash Gord> Turn Auto Stay off *84 = 0 (what Mark said)

Reply to
Marc

Yes, in 34 & 35 you put the actual seconds up to 96...but 97 will give you

120 secs not 97.

You may have a sticky switch on the front door or yes...the pir is picking up the opening door too soon (it happens). What Monitronics did made sense, but you should make sure that you set the Entry Delay 2 for something like

5 seconds maybe. BUT I'd check that front door contact too.

Stop calling the 6139 the "panel", it's the keypad...the panel is the Vista

20P.
Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.