Ademco Keypad not working after extended power outage

I have a Ademco Vista 20SE system with two keypads (M6673). Following a winter power outage of 4 days, one of the two keypads doesn't work, however the system works fine with the other keypad.

I verified that the keypad is the issue by switching the two keypads (dismount from wall and swap) so I am confident that all wiring is fine.

On power up, the bad keypad turns on all LCD indications, lights both the LEDS (red & Green) and then blanks the LCD display. The keypad responds by beeping on the first 4 or 6 keypresses, but after that nothing.

Is this a programming issue? Visual inspection of the board shows no issues.

Any ideas how to get this back online or is this keypad done for good?

Thanks, --Randy

Reply to
randykel
Loading thread data ...

I'm not 100% sure but it could be that the keypad has somehow lost/changed its address. Each keypad has a unique address which must be set initially. Yoou might try resetting the address. If you don't have the programming instructions let me know and I'll send them to you.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

First, you need to determine the keypad's address. Press the "1" and "3" keys simultaneously, and a 2 digit number will appear. This is the keypad address. To change this, enter the desired 2 digit address, then press "*".

I don't recall what the global keyoad address should be on that system, but I would try 31, then 00, then 08.

Someone should be along shortly to correct me on which address to use. :-)

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

believe it was 31 on the se.

| > I verified that the keypad is the issue by switching the two keypads | > (dismount from wall and swap) so I am confident that all wiring is | > fine. | >

| > On power up, the bad keypad turns on all LCD indications, lights both | > the LEDS (red & Green) and then blanks the LCD display. The keypad | > responds by beeping on the first 4 or 6 keypresses, but after that | > nothing. | >

| > Is this a programming issue? Visual inspection of the board shows no | > issues. | >

| > Any ideas how to get this back online or is this keypad done for good? | >

| > Thanks, | > --Randy | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Instructions from the Honeywell web site:

Set or Read the keypad address · The keypad address is set by holding the 1 and 3 keys together immediately after powering up the keypad. The display will show you the existing address. You may now key in the correct address. Press * to save it.

Vista-10P/15P/20P

Set the first keypad to address 16, others may be 17-23

Each device must have a unique address

Verify that the address is enabled in programming. Depending on the control panel that you have, you will enable the keypads differently:

Vista-10P/15P/20P

Enable keypads 17-23 in program location *190-*196 for more information.

If there is still a problem:

Isolate the keypad Try connecting the keypad directly to the panel with all other keypad data wires removed and retest.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Global Address is 31. That should be what's required for the Vista

20SE.

Reply to
Michael

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.