ademco 4219 question

Doesn't the 4219 connect to the keypad buss, like a regular keypad? If it does why would tech support tell me I can't just run 4 conductors out to a remote building and connect a keypad AND a 4219 to the same cable run...saving time/money.

This is for a outbuilding/ shop about 75 - 100 feet from the main house and needs to be on sep. partition. (I kinda wish Ademco made keypads with zones off of it - that would be better) Anyway, the main house has to be RF but the new shop can be wired...8 zones on the shop will be over kill - 4 is all thats really needed there.

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

technically it makes no sense to run two separate quads one for the keypad one for the 4219 if i were to do that I might as well run a multi conductor and skip the 4219 altogether!

Reply to
Crash Gordon

You can do that, they just don't recommend that you do it is all.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

on cat 5?...ok i know I'll be ok going 100 on direct burial 18/4 then.

tnx

Reply to
Crash Gordon

You said an outbuilding, so use 1 wire for the Keypad and 4219 data, then add a power supply inside a small enclosure at the outbuilding is all, to power the keypad, 4219, and devices. Work out the total power draw to get the right Amp Power Supply.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Ive run cat 5 several hundred feet with a 4219 no problem.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

I would recommend an independant power supply for the remotely mounted zone expander, due to the length of the wire run and the load of the keypad and devices on the expander.

Reply to
JOhn

If you do that, be sure nothing in the remote part of the system is earth grounded. Otherwise, the first lightning ground strike in the area may take out your alarm system.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I would if I thought 75 feet would cause enough of a voltage drop...don't think it will...and all thats gonna be running out there is kp, 4219, 1 mandoor, 1 ohd, and a pir.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I'll do my calcs first before we trench it and install...but the rest of the main house is all wireless and one keypad and one wave 2 siren so the current draw is almost nil.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

And don't forget to common the negative terminals

Reply to
Frank Olson

You may find you need one when the system's in alarm and the siren's going. You may not be able to disarm the system with the keypad in the remote building. I have several similar type installations (although the distances may be a tad more on a few).

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.