VOIP Gateway for old Norstar system?

I have an old Norstar 6x16 system w/ Compact DR5 software at work. I have high speed Internet at work and home. Are there any gateways available that will allow me to add a 7310 or equiv. phone at home and connect it to the KSU at work over the Internet?

Reply to
cgallery
Loading thread data ...

I just heard about this recently

formatting link
It's Skype for phone systems

Reply to
GHTROUT

That is undeniably kewl. But I just want to be able to take office calls from home. And I'm not sure that my old 6x16 qualifies as PBX. But yes, the Skype for PBX is undeniably nifty and I enjoyed reading that.

Reply to
cgallery

Reply to
Gerald Harper

A company called MCK, I have used for a customer. Did a quick Google and they were sold so don't know situation at this time. They did work very well. If I remember, I will ask at work Monday. Equipment at each end with m7310 used at far end.

KenW

Reply to
Kenw

Look on the Citel site for PBX Gateway & Extender. I think the smallest was 8 ports. Two customers used a point to point T1 and another used the internet. Might be a little bit pricey !

KenW

Reply to
Kenw

MCK extender, that was it, they do (or did) make a single port version, that would use an analog line at each end (original Voice over...) and could pass some data as well. They may have an IP version now.

Reply to
Gerald Harper

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.