Voicemail System That Sends Multiple Extensions to One Inbox? [Telecom]

I am trying to find a voice mail system that will let us assign incoming voice mails for different extensions to a single voice mail inbox. For example, say that I have a unique extensions for each of three job functions, and I want all of those calls handled by one employee. I don't want that employee being forced to login to three different inboxes three times a day. I want them to have the convenience of a single inbox from which they collect all of the voice mails.

The system gets brownie points if it can direct an incoming call to two separate inbox queues, and each of those queues gets to manage its own copy of the message.

We use an early version of Altigen, and it seems to be clueless about this requirement. "Forwarding" to an extension doesn't result in the voice mail being left at the extension you forward to, which is just a bizarre implementation. Can anyone refer me to a system that costs under $5K for under 20 extensions that can handle the voice mail extension aggregation requirement I am describing above? I would also consider an online voicemail solution that could forward to email, but that is not my first choice.

Reply to
Will
Loading thread data ...

Will,

The AltiGen product has the ability to do this. You may just need an upgrade on the Altigen software for yoursystem. Do you know which version you are currently running?

George Bardissi

Reply to
gbardissi

Octel can do all that, and a whole lot more. Way outside your price-range, though.

There -is- at least one semi-affordable system that does what you want -- well, within some limits. :) As I recall, I found a mail-order price of around $2k (plus a commodity PC already on hand) for a 4-port system that handled either 100, or 1,000 (I forget) mailboxes. (a fair chunk of that price was the Dialogic 4-port Norstar-compatible phone board).`

I'm drawing a blank on the company name right now, but the company is in Canada (either Ontario or Quebec). They are one of the few 3rd party manufacturers that does full digital integration with Nortel NORSTAR systems.

In addition to Norstar, they offer several other variations of the hardware, to work with various other PBX's. They're notable because they *DO* fully integrate with the small Norstar (compact 6x16, Compact ICS, MICS, etc.) pure digital systems. (that's how I found 'em -- looking for cheap VM for a Norstar.)

You supply a PC, drop the (usually Dialogic) line card(s) in it, load their software, plug the 'dongle' into the printer port, and it's up and running, ready to be configured. With a little care/work, you can even have it "auto-attendant" answer different lines with different announcements -and- have different menu choices on each of those announcements. Up to 4 different 'personalities', total.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

I'm no expert, but I'd have thought a (free) Asterisk installation would do this.

PC wouldn't need to be very highly-specced (you could probably use an old one).

Reply to
David Quinton

I think we have version 3. What version started support for the feature?

Can you describe how you configure Altigen to have multiple voice mail inboxes combine?

Reply to
Will

I would like to stay with major vendors.

Reply to
Will

You _should_ check out "Voice Gate Technologies", and their VIP-4000 system. They're the people and product I was thinking of. Stable company, been in the business for a substantial time.

They do sell complete turn-key solutions if thats what your comfort level requires.

The 'drop it in your own PC' kit is significantly less expensive, and is functionally identical.

As for the product itself, all I can say is "it works". Once I got the system installed, I _never_ had to talk to their tech-support. Everything worked just as described in the manual -- no "gotcha's", or things that misbehaved only in specific combination with other thing.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Will,

I believe they started doing this in 5.0a. You can absolutely take multiple Auto Attendant Options or Extensions into one inbox with ease within a few clicks and drop down menus. I believe i left you some options on another post a few minutes ago. Take a look at your options with AltiGen. Dont switch systems or invest in something else without taking advantage of what you have right now!

George

Reply to
gbardissi

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.