The i2004 nintendo codes.

I have an i2004 to play with, but your Nintendo code doesn't seem to do anything. Is there a certain point during powerup that you have to apply the code?

Reply to
Onion Knight
Loading thread data ...

Hi again Jeff

Sorry to waste your time with that, I tried to stop my post before it went out, as I did manage to get the code working. Thanks for the info - I will try to use it wisely.

Reply to
Onion Knight
*** WARNING *** WARNING *** WARNING *** The following instructions show you how to access some of the nortel maintenance modes for your phone. THESE ARE ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED!! These codes are powerful enough to DESTROY YOUR PHONE. If you break your phone using these codes, it is your fault. Neither I nor my employer accepts any responsibility for your use of these codes. *** WARNING *** WARNING *** WARNING ***

The i2004 nintendo codes.

The base code for the i2004 is:

mute, up, down, up, down, up, mute

then you press a keypad key for different functions:

0) Display set firmware version. 1) Patch. Starting in RAM address space at address 0060 2) Patch. Starting in AB06 address space at address 00 3) Patch. Starting in EEPROM address space at address 00 4) Set TX and RX levels?? Power cycle to exit. 5) ??? screen shows TCMless Intercept. 6) No perceptible change. 7) Test mode. screen shows "TESTS" then incrementing counter, then "ERRORS" then (presumably, since it never incremented) error counter. powercycle to get out of this mode, since the quit key locks up the phone. 8) Screen shows STCM BERT. Powercycle to get out of this mode, since the quit key locks up the phone. 9) Reset phone. Works sometimes, other times it locks up the phone. Powercycle for a clean reset.

Softkey matrix: | Softkey code|1 |2 |3 |4 |

----------------------------------------|

0 | | | |Quit | 1 |Refresh |Jump To |Writeto |Quit | 2 |Refresh |Jump To |Writeto |Quit | 3 |Refresh |Jump To |Writeto |Quit | 4 |Assign |Buffer |HF Mode |SetBrk | 5 |TCM |Routing |Exit | | 6 | | | | | 7 |Quit |Start |Stop |Reset | 8 |Quit | | | | 9 | | | | |

I have not been able to find where they store node and TN config. I assume it will be in the EEPROM somewhere.

And remember, when playing Contra on the original NES:

Press Up, Down, Up, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, A, B, A, B, Select, Start when "Jungle" appears on the demonstration screen.

to get unlimited lives.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Pratt

I can use the nintendo codes on sets that are in any state from unregistered to fully registered and idle. It works for sure on firmware versions 5.30 and 6.40. can you try the firmware version code "mute, up, down, up, down, up, mute, 0" and see if you get a firmware version? (Up and down refer to the keys just underneath the softkeys). Can you telnet to the ITG card that the phone registers against and issue the isetShow command and let me know the firmware version string it gives? version 5.30 is 3002A63 and

6.40 is 0602B41.

thanks,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Pratt

No problem. It let me add the info about which buttons I was calling up and down.

Enjoy.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Pratt

***Update*** Nintendo code-9 requires you to press the rls key after the 9 for a sure reset.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Pratt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.