Found the problem

Thanks for all the advise. I found the problem. I disconnected the wire (W/B) at a junction box the problem cleared. I not why this worked because this wire was disconnected at the set and the BIX block having no access to the system.

Thanks

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: Welding Arc Sound over Lines Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 16:50:20 -0400 From: RBD Organization: Bell Sympatico Newsgroups: comp.dcom.sys.nortel

Hi Gang, I have a situation with an Electronic Welding Machine when used provides the Arc sound over the Lines on all sets. This welder is used for aluminum welding. It only happens when the operator begins welding. When the machine is on and the operator is not welding nothing on the lines.

All 3 lines and grounding has been verified by the local telephone company as OK. Also, according to the customer an electrician has been in and verified all the grounding on premises is OK, including the welding machine.

We thought we isolated the trouble to a Cat3 wire cable tied to an electrical conduit that passed by and over the machine to a set approximately 30 ft away, using W/B. This cable also has a 24V paging speaker using the W/O & W/G.

I ran a Cat5E from the equipment to the phone, by passing the machine and keeping the speaker on the Cat3. I also doubled up on the pairs to the set using the W/B B/W for Tip and the W/O O/W for the Ring.

All thought to rectify this problem is appreciated.

Thanks Bob

Reply to
RBD
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.