Latest threads in General Home Automationshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

opinions on GRAFIK Eye system by lutron
Hi, I am starting finnalize the building of my home, I am looking at installing the lutron grafik eye system for lighting control. Can I get some options on the system: Does it work well. Is there...

ws12a decorator dimmer problem
i have a couple dimmer switches that are a few years old now. and they seem to have lost local control. i can operate them with x10 signals, but pushing the switch locally does nothing. i have even...

Levitron at Home Depot Canada expensive!
Are the Levitron (X10?) this expensive everywhere? Hcs08-1tw $196 scene switch 8a (2way) Hcm06-1dw $137 3 way dimmer 600w Hcm10-1dw $177 3 way dimmer 1000w

System start working
I have Leviton LEV16400 switch controlling three Leviton LEV6376 Fixture Modules. It's been working just fine for more than a year. Suddenly today I could not turn off any of three lights which were...

HomeGenie
Is anybody familiar with Mobile Homegenie, if so, is there a site similiar to this or can a home person build this at home and access cameras from off site. Dan

Encrypt and view images and other files in Windows
Encrypt and view images and other files in Windows, without the need to explicitly decrypt them. AES 256 encryption with SHA256 key generation, based on PKCS5. Completely independent of Windows...

Search ABC from Firefox
Get Firefox (if you don't already have it) > Go to (and you might as well subscribe) to the Google Groups version of news: > > Place your cursor in the Search This Group box on the upper right of the...

Pool valve X10 automation question
I have just had a pool installed and I'd like to automate one of the valves. It is a Jandy Neverlube valve, with a 2" pipe. The lights are already on X10 from the electrician, and all I want to do is...

ur81a AV Remotes ??
I need to get a couple of extra X10 ur81a reomtes- these are the platinum colored ones that come with the MP3 Anywhere package. I can't find anyone who sells them separately, except maybe the x10...

Smarthome Manager/Manager Plus
Hi, I was thinking about getting a Smarthome 1132CU and I saw that they offer it with two different software packages- Manager and Manager Plus. Does anyone know what the primary difference between...

Phone and network Punchdowns
Looking for a tutorial on how to do 66 and 110 blocks. TIA John

How to measure the temperature in a distant room?
Any suggestions on how to learn the temperature in a distant room? A webcam pointing at a thermometer is the best I've managed so far. Any solutions which can be read on Homeseer's web server would be...

Couple of New Guy Questions
We are starting to plan our new home. Looking for some ideas in the following areas: - Hardwired lighting. Who are the major players and which if any integrated controllers like Elk or HAI do they...

Concord alarms
I have a concord wireless alarm and cannot seem to get it to dial to my skytel pager. Any suggestions? I can dial into my system from a remote phone, so I think the telco connection is fine. Thanks.

Preperations for home automation with existing equipment thru network adjustment questions
I have several computers on a home network. ADSL with an Asante FR1004 4 port internet router.(DHCP enabled) The router has filled up, and I need to use a 4 port switch that I have to expand for the...