opinions on GRAFIK Eye system by lutron

Hi,

I am starting finnalize the building of my home, I am looking at installing the lutron grafik eye system for lighting control. Can I get some options on the system:

Does it work well. Is there better products for the price. What whole home control system does it work with. I was hoping to put one pc on each floor that would have an application like meedio to control all aspects of the home.

Thanks in advance. Cliff

Reply to
C Hirsch
Loading thread data ...

I use a 3106 w/ my home theater and it works great. You have two options for controlling it. Via IR or RS232. They are a bit pricey but very solid in both performance and reliability. Watch E-bay or some of the Home Theater classifieds to pick one up at less than retail.

Reply to
RM

Thanks,

I have just got the quote a bit high. What is the best quality powerbased lighting control system out there ?. ( I mean x10 type product ) Control over power lines.

I am leaning towards smarthome.. but I am in canada and don't feel like paying taxes and freight any canadian companies with the same product line.?

PnP

Reply to
C Hirsch

Cliff -

If you are looking to do whole-home control, GRAFIK Eye is probably not the best solution. I would look at RadioRA instead. GRAFIK Eye is intended to be more of a room control, not whole-home. Although it will work, functionality-wise, I think you'd be happier with RadioRA.

As far as purchasing it, there are tons of distributors in Canada that carry it, so you shouldn't have any type of shipping or taxes to deal with

Charlie

C Hirsch wrote:

Reply to
Charlie Derk

Instead of X-10, have you considered the newer Z-wave products?

Reply to
RM

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.