Search ABC from Firefox

- Nehmo - It's just multiposting, not spam. But I'll take the opportunity to correct a mistake I made in my example. It should be: F6 abc honest man .. The "abc" is the keyword for the bookmark. I mistakenly had only "a" in my original post.

-- ********************* * Nehmo Sergheyev * *********************

Reply to
Nehmo Sergheyev
Loading thread data ...

By so doing, you will void your warranty. If you're not using IE, you're using dirt.

Reply to
JerryMouse

Get Firefox (if you don't already have it)

formatting link
>

Go to (and you might as well subscribe) to the Google Groups version of news:alt.building.construction >

formatting link
>

Place your cursor in the Search This Group box on the upper right of the page >

Rightclick > Add Keyword for this Search > The "Add Bookmark" box will display >

Fill in an appropriate name, such as "alt.building.construction ng" >

Fill in a Keyword such as a simple "abc" >

OK button > You're done!

To Search.

F6 (to place the focus in the Address Bar of Firefox; you don't need to do this if the focus is already there)>

Type "abc", followed by a space, and whatever you want to search ABC for. For example:

F6 a honest man

This would search Google's archive of ABC for an honest man.

You can use the Google Group's search techniques,

for example: F6 a author: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (not saying you'd want to go there) would give you my posts

You can use this procedure for other newsgroups search boxes or for non-newsgroup search boxes too.

Reply to
Nehmo Sergheyev

"Nehmo Sergheyev" wrote

Doesn't work! I tried to find a newsgroup and it came up empty. The newsgroup was:

alt.a-holesThatSpamNewsgroupsNamedNehmo

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

It's still spam.....

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

"Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......spammmmmmmm...."

;-]

Reply to
Mike Rotch

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote

Now try: Type "abc", followed by a space, and whatever you want to search ABC for. For example: abc king a-hole

You will find Nehmo's name come up.

Reply to
johnny

Damn iffin it don't!!!

Reply to
Alice From Helll

- johnny -

- Nehmo - Nope. I tried the search. Rico dJour comes up. It's not my fault, Rico.

Reply to
Nehmo Sergheyev

What a twat!

Reply to
Cuprager

You 'kink pr1ck! Void your warranty?? What warranty??

You _and_ the OP can FOAD.

Reply to
Andrew Chesters

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.